JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm urban, looking to relocate to country and be closer to my kids. Anything you do in the greater Portland area is infected by the Real Estate Rabies affecting the whole area.
I'm actually thinking scale back on plans and relocate to ID/WY/MT once the kids are through college.

Hmmm. I've never eaten whitetail that was real gamey. I've had a few mule deer that tasted like wood.
Last whitetail I had was from the Waters , MI area, which is pretty swampy. It was so gamey, cooked it like it was liver and onions to make it edible. @SKrueger , I'll have to try the soda soak, but I think I'd use Dr. Pepper instead.

I'm going through the same process. My requirements are 3-5 acres, no hoa or rules and must have access to hi speed Internet at the street and be wooded.

Seems like if it's in clark/ skamania it's 60k+ presumably because of the timber value.

I'm looking short term to use a camping/shooting/atv property and eventually build a house.

What websites are you using? I've been using land watch but feel there must be better sites

I'm urban, looking to relocate to country and be closer to my kids. Anything you do in the greater Portland area is infected by the Real Estate Rabies affecting the whole area.
I'm actually thinking scale back on plans and relocate to ID/WY/MT once the kids are through college.

Last whitetail I had was from the Waters , MI area, which is pretty swampy. It was so gamey, cooked it like it was liver and onions to make it edible. @SKrueger , I'll have to try the soda soak, but I think I'd use Dr. Pepper instead.

I bet them swamp bucks are gross. All the whitetails around where I hunt eat alfalfa.

Yep Idaho..................I have friend who works in Portland but has a house in Idaho........commutes on weekends......also has a place in Sandy for during the week. He backs up to a million acres or so of gooberment land and lives on a road to cananda..........no traffic.

I'm going through the same process. My requirements are 3-5 acres, no hoa or rules and must have access to hi speed Internet at the street and be wooded.

Seems like if it's in clark/ skamania it's 60k+ presumably because of the timber value.

I'm looking short term to use a camping/shooting/atv property and eventually build a house.

What websites are you using? I've been using land watch but feel there must be better sites

I start with redfin and then follow links and searches to other postings.

I saw one property up above St. Helens that was wooded 40 acres or something like that for a low per acre price. Made me wonder why as I think the timber was mature. At current prices a person could clear cut it, turn around and sell the land and almost double their money.

You might consider the area around Maupin/Dufur/Tygh Valley. About 90 minutes from Portland, wide open to wooded, flat to sloped, lots of sun, lots of privacy, lots of deer/elk. Land is relatively cheap.

You might consider the area around Maupin/Dufur/Tygh Valley. About 90 minutes from Portland, wide open to wooded, flat to sloped, lots of sun, lots of privacy, lots of deer/elk. Land is relatively cheap.

Wrong side of the Cascades, too cold in the winter, not enough rain during droughts, too far away from where my kids live now, too hard to get over the Cascades on foot/bicycle/etc. if SHTF

I would think the Jewel area, and anywhere within a 50 mile radius of big cities, will be overun in a SHTF scenario after food gets scarce. City folks WILL leave the city to hunt or relocate.

I would think the Jewel area, and anywhere within a 50 mile radius of big cities, will be overun in a SHTF scenario after food gets scarce. City folks WILL leave the city to hunt or relocate.
Agree! Those bicycles will come in handy to head for the hills without much in the way of packing provisions.

Can't go too far. Must be with walking or bicycling distance of Aloha. The kids are not in the best of shape.

Everything is a trade off. Too close and you get people from the cities. Too far and the people I am building this for can't make it if the big one hits and they have to hoof it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top