JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got me curious so I did some googling. It seems there Is Winchester White Box USA and then there is Winchester White Box. Winchester (Olin) makes certain "White Box" calibers in the USA. 7.62 x39 does not appear to be one of them. Olin also contracts with foreign manufacturers (Bosnian, Czech, and Israeli) to produce other types. What does it say on the box? As in post #7, US law requires that the country of manufacture be shown on the box.

That said, is there that much of a price difference between WWB and PPU? WWB is marketed as an economy brand.

Got me curious so I did some googling. It seems there Is Winchester White Box USA and then there is Winchester White Box. Winchester (Olin) makes certain "White Box" calibers in the USA. 7.62 x39 does not appear to be one of them. Olin also contracts with foreign manufacturers (Bosnian, Czech, and Israeli) to produce other types. What does it say on the box? As in post #7, US law requires that the country of manufacture be shown on the box.

That said, is there that much of a price difference between WWB and PPU? WWB is marketed as an economy brand.
Says made in Serbia (PPU/Belom) Winchester rebranded PPU was is a little over $1 per round. PPU 7.62 online runs around .65 per round. $1 per round is competitive with other non, eastern brands though.

That is a significant difference.
Ammo inc. rebranded PPU ammo as well, but was not marked up as much. It's what I have in 200rnd containers with Ammo inc. labeling. If one needed 7.62x39 ammo, now, from a local store there isn't much better choices. I didn't need any right away, I was just curious how the Winchester's were (if they were LRP, SRP, if they used .308 diameter bullets ect)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top