JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's a thread on the cast boolit forum that tests and shows pics of how well different powder coats stick and work. That giy also sells powder in smaller quantities. Ive heard bad things about the harbor freight powder coat

Over at Cast Boolits there's a member named "Smoke" that is the go to for powder coat. He sells in small reasonable quantities for us reloaders. I haven't been over there for quite some time but there's tons of info if you're into reading. Are you using the shake and bake method or electro process?

Thanks guys! I ordered some samples from Smoke.
Here are some of my best, so far:

FAA8E179-11D3-4CFB-A2A8-373B46236552.jpeg 768BDCDE-597C-48B3-B0FF-2AD6F42DBBD9.jpeg EF555B64-4B20-4920-911E-FDB784F132C0.jpeg

That looks awesome! Talk about freedom pills! Makes me want to start casting again now that I'm shouting 460 Mag this much. Glad you found what you were looking for.

Also curious, what method were you using? Your coating looks very uniform.
I use a vibratory cleaner for 15 minutes with some styrofoam balls.
Dump into a wire basket and shake off excess powder.
Pick up bullets with tweezer, place them, inverted, into plastic ammo box inserts.
Place a piece of silicone, cut from a place mat on top.
Invert a steel baking pan over the top and carefully flip them over.
Remove the plastic inserts and place into the toaster oven for 20 minutes at 400 F.
Cool and size bullets.

My vibratory cleaner is the QD model from Berry's Bullets. It has detachable bowls so you can have a bowl for each of your favorite colors.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top