JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What a firearm is worth ...

Some things to consider here are :

Book value...
Internet value...
What folks are selling theirs for....
What the firearm actually sold for...
What it will sell for where you live....which may be different from somewhere else...
Demand for said firearm....
Any after market parts or "upgrades"...will only be an upgrade, if the buyer likes 'em....

Condition means a lot ...things such as bluing loss or dings in the wood...nicked screw slots and the like can all play a role here....as will bore condition.
Andy

What a firearm is worth ...

Some things to consider here are :

Book value...
Internet value...
What folks are selling theirs for....
What the firearm actually sold for...
What it will sell for where you live....which may be different from somewhere else...
Demand for said firearm....
Any after market parts or "upgrades"...will only be an upgrade, if the buyer likes 'em....

Condition means a lot ...things such as bluing loss or dings in the wood...nicked screw slots and the like can all play a role here....as will bore condition.
Andy
Distilled thusly….

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

;)

My local gun store said my Dad's listed for about $450, but due to current lack availability they are going used for $750 ish

My local gun store said my Dad's listed for about $450, but due to current lack availability they are going used for $750 ish
That's high water mark for 70s vintage.

It would have to be crispy fresh. Or a decent saddle ring trapper. Or some other less common variant.

50s early 60s might be 7 plus , but condition would still be paramount.

If we were talking Marlins, not winnies, that would be different.

That's high water mark for 70s vintage.

It would have to be crispy fresh. Or a decent saddle ring trapper. Or some other less common variant.

50s early 60s might be 7 plus , but condition would still be paramount.

If we were talking Marlins, not winnies, that would be different.
So, this is SW Idaho where we probably have a different demographic and preferences. His opinion was based upon customer requests and purchases.

So, this is SW Idaho where we probably have a different demographic and preferences. His opinion was based upon customer requests and purchases.
I heard that.
I was going to throw something in the mix about how I don't know what older lever guns sell for in Florida too.

The north coast used to be a great place to pick up lever guns for 2-300 bucks all the time.

Is 30-30 favored over 32spl. in your area? Or nobody cares either way?

I heard that.
I was going to throw something in the mix about how I don't know what older lever guns sell for in Florida too.

The north coast used to be a great place to pick up lever guns for 2-300 bucks all the time.

I sold a 1970s rifle in 30.30 for $450, I think, with a box of ammo in pristine condition in December.

Last Edited:
I heard that.

I don't know anything about the 32 you mentioned, just that in this area we have more of a (for lack of a better word) Fud type shooters....at least that is the main demo at the LGS I referred to.

Condition is everything.

Not sure if PanDEMic pricing applies here...

If it's brand-new/unfired in the original box it might fetch as much as $500-$600 simply for that new gun smell.

If it's in pretty good shape. IE. Minimal cosmetic damage to the wood, or minor corrosion spotting on the receiver that occurs on the post-'64 versions. - $400-$500

If it looks like it's been used and slightly abused, but is still a completely functional brush gun - $300-$400.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top