JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Hi NW,
Just curious, do you have a preferred place for transfers?

Jeff B.
I'm in Alaska until Wed. but would be interested in seeing it, if still available by then.

Hi NW,
Just curious, do you have a preferred place for transfers?

Jeff B.
I'm in Alaska until Wed. but would be interested in seeing it, if still available by then.

Money Market Pawn, 136th and Powell, best prices in Oregon. Be happy to meet you there whenever for you to look at it.

Might want to look up the actual date of production as the early years the chambers were NOT 2 3/4" they were what was marketed as a 2.5" chambers, but were they actually measured out at 2 9/16".... Unless someone along the lines cut the chamber to 2 3/4" at some point in time...... Winchester started making them in 2 3/4" in late 1926/27 if memory recalls....
How do I know because I own my Great Grandpa's Model 12 made in 1918 with the unmolested short "2.5" chamber in it. I also own my Grand Dad's 1921 with the same short chamber :) Both are fine shooters using 2.5" RTS shells and I exercise them every grouse season...
These Model 12 in 16 Ga are light and fast handling shotguns and I love em... GLWS

Last Edited:
Might want to look up the actual date of production as the early years the chambers were NOT 2 3/4" they were what was marketed as a 2.5" chambers, but were they actually measured out at 2 9/16".... Unless someone along the lines cut the chamber to 2 3/4" at some point in time...... Winchester started making them in 2 3/4" in late 1926/27 if memory recalls....
How do I know because I own my Great Grandpa's Model 12 made in 1918 with the unmolested short "2.5" chamber in it. I also own my Grand Dad's 1921 with the same short chamber :) Both are fine shooters using 2.5" RTS shells and I exercise them every grouse season...
These Model 12 in 16 Ga are light and fast handling shotguns and I love em... GLWS

Thanks for your concern. 2 3/4" Chamber, gun has been completely gone through by a professional gunsmith. I've shot Pheasants with the gun. 2 3/4 shells. Can't believe somebody hasn't grabbed this smokin' deal. I paid $600.00 for the gun and the gun work. Giving it away! Thanks for the interest.

Thanks for your concern. 2 3/4" Chamber, gun has been completely gone through by a professional gunsmith. I've shot Pheasants with the gun. 2 3/4 shells. Can't believe somebody hasn't grabbed this smokin' deal. I paid $600.00 for the gun and the gun work. Giving it away! Thanks for the interest.
Was this gun a 2 9/16 chamber opened up to a 2 3/4?

Has this ol model 12 been reblued I am guessing since you said it has been worked over by a professional gunsmith. Who did the chamber work? Simmons

Model one two boy, I already posted it has a 2 3/4" chamber. I had it timed and smoothed. No I didn't re blue it, and no simmons didn't work on it. Why do you keep posting on this thread if you have no intention of buying. You need to move on, and quit wasting peoples time. Thanks.

I wasn't trying to ruffle NW BIRDHUNTER'S feathers. I have had over the years prolly 30ish model 12's I have saw so many of them altered from there originality. I know when people ask for serial numbers there reserching for factory specs.. In relation to your gun I got the impression you was trying to hide something by not giving up serial number .. hence reopening chamber to 2 3/4 from 2 9/16. Now!! I apologize for any opposed comment that I made, to where you felt I was being obscured to your thread.

Model one two boy,
You try to low ball me on this gun, and keep asking all kind of questions with no intention of buying. IF and I repeat IF, I thought you were a serious buyer I would respond. You're talking in circles. You obviously need to do some more learning about Model 12's because a 16 gauge that has been professionally modified to accept 2 3/4" shells is worth more than any obsolete 2 9/16" chamber. Who are you? a detective?, please quit wasting my time.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.