JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$200
Manufacturer
Winchester
Caliber
22 Long Rifle
City
Springfield
State
Oregon
Zip Code
Winchester 67A .22 Rifle Youth Model - RARE. In good condition. FFL done at 295 Tactical in Springfield Oregon. image1.jpeg image0.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Was it a youth model with a shorter barrel and shorter length of pull? If you don't have pictures it didn't happen.
A. I don't do pictures.

B. My first one came after I "Won" a Turkey at a Rod & Gun Club in West Germany. It was "MoSkeeto Trap" and I was maybe 11. That one cost $14.95.

C. Wish I still had it.

Winnemucca, Nevada. 1961.

Dad came home from work and asked me if I wanted to go look for rabbits "up the mountain". Grabbed my Daisy Cub I'd been given for my 5th birthday. "You won't need that." he said in his stern voice. I quietly put it back, kinda miffed. After all, it WAS my 6th birthday. Couldn't he just lighten up?

Till we saw the first cottontail. Dad stopped the '49 Chevy, got out and lifted a tarp and handed me a long box from the bed marked "Winchester" and "Olin".

Cottontail ran off.

I opened the box to a spanking shiny Model 67 Boy's rifle. Dad had a box of Short Hollowpoints (Winchester of course!) Sights were a bit high so dad lowered them and we were off to the races.

He'd only hand me one cartridge at a time. The other safety feature was that I could not muster the strength to pull that cocking plunger all the way to the rear: he'd have to do it for me. Also told me I'd shoot only shorts so that if I screwed up and shot him, he could "beat the crap out of you before I die."

I think my Dad invented "Tough Love".

And on that day I began to learn to provide for a family. I still have the tool he gave me to do it.

P3110121.JPG

Last Edited:
I have owned a couple of model 67's over the years non a Youth version. They are one of the rifles I have sold I greatly regret. The model 69 I had is also a big regret.

You both have a point. At the risk of sticking my nose in someone else's business I offer this as my opinion only with no offense intended to either:

1) Of course the gun is still "for sale" until the deal has closed.

2) First guy to agree to a deal to buy should have (IN MY OPINION AND TO MY WAY OF THINKING) all opportunity to meet and complete the agreed deal. At a point of default on his part (not doing what he said he'd do) next buyer should have a crack at it.

3) It is difficult (difficulty often justified) for some persons to trust people unknown to them. Some level of trustworthiness can be established on this site through the transaction ratings easily accessed here. It is also difficult for some persons when their integrity is questioned in any way. I fall into both categories.

Peace, brothers. This beautiful little gun needs to go to a six year-old kid and not languish amongst collector-types. It begs to assist a sprout in learning how to shoot and hunt. It deserves to be banged up a little bit on a rabbit hunt and then cleaned and stored with beaming proud care upon the return home.

I hope this can get done and make a kid's day. (Maybe make a huge part of his life.)

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.