JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Wilson Combat blemished forged lowers.

50% off

Mine had minor marks. Can hardly tell.

9F9E9BD0-0C64-46D7-9264-362B29181B76.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Never had more problems building lowers than with the Wilson (non-blem) forged lowers.

I got four and three wouldn't even work with uppers. Their QC must suck because the specs are all over the place.

Never had more problems building lowers than with the Wilson (non-blem) forged lowers.

I got four and three wouldn't even work with uppers. Their QC must suck because the specs are all over the place.
What uppers wouldnt work? Maybe save some members a few headaches lol

Yes, please share your experience and with what uppers you have used.

I was fortunate to be at a friends who had lot of uppers to try and several lowers between us. He's a certified armorer and works DOD.

We tried them on the following factory assembled uppers: Wolf A1, Daniel Defense, five of his Sig 516 mil contract and one built from scratch Combat Armory upper.

We could get only one Wilson to fit 2-3 uppers. The others would only fit one and not even the same one at that. To be fair, we tried different takedown pins from KNS, four pair of BAD, one stock PSA.

Lowers from PSA, Rock River, Daniel Defense, Mega billet, Combat Armory, and now Aero fit ALL of the uppers.

Also, if you use a magpul trigger guard, with them, you will need to file down the magazine side or M3 PMags over insertion tab will cause it to not reliably lock in. But who uses PMags these days. Huge gap cutout in the mag well above the front trigger guard as well (nitpick).

Also, mag release sat crooked in one. Multiple BAD and one standard mag release tried with same results.

Also, buffer tube in one sat crooked. Tried two different Spikes and one Vltor with different end plates all with same result.

Also, the anodization is missing from the bottom of the extra hole they drill for the rubber stopper (nitpick).

Wilson's answer to sending three back with all issues listed and weeks of waiting: "we were able to build them". So, now I'm screwed.

I was told, "two different companies make the lowers for us". That was evident from both the tooling marks, forge marks, and the grip tabs had either one, two or no holes(super shallow) drilled near grip screw hole for identification. I think they're mixing them all together before anodization and/or the QC is really bad somewhere along the line.

Last Edited:
Excellent info right here. Thank you for sharing. For my guild, I planned to go with a Wilson Combat forged upper receiver.

Was also thinking about Midwest Industries complete upper.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top