JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CNBC knows one thing for sure. They don't have to tell the whole story about issues related to guns. No, doing that would give them a bad name, among their peers in the mainstream media anyway. So when a group of trial attorneys handed them an allegation that some of Remington Arm's bolt-action rifles have gone bang even when no one touched their triggers, along with victims' testimony, an expert (wait until you hear about him) and filing cabinets filled with material to spin, they knew they had a story all right.

By working with plaintiffs' attorneys, they knew they could damage, if not destroy, America's oldest gun company, a household brand with millions upon millions of loyal customers. This was a story that could give CNBC recognition among the left-leaning news outlets. They went all-in.

A class-action lawsuit, propelled by CNBC's "reporting," was filed against Remington in 2013 and is now coming to a climax, if not a conclusion. Depending on the outcome, the fault lines beneath this case could send armies of trial attorneys, with mainstream media outlets doing their marketing campaigns, after U.S. gun companies for the next generation.

Will CNBC's "Reporting" Bring Down America's Oldest Gun Company?

IMO,

If you don't read the mainstream news then you uninformed.

If you do read the mainstream news then you're misinformed.

More and more people are beginning to understand this. And there will be a reckoning.

Wait....what happened to the "Congress passed laws to give arms makers immunity from lawsuits" story? Is that yesterday's news now?

Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act - Wikipedia

The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) is a United Stateslaw which protects firearmsmanufacturers and dealersfrom being held liable when crimes have been committed with their products. However, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S. based manufacturer ofconsumer products is held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligencewhen they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.

IMO,

If you don't read the mainstream news then you uninformed.

If you do read the mainstream news then you're misinformed.

More and more people are beginning to understand this. And there will be a reckoning.
Credit where credit is due; you are paraphrasing Mark Twain.

Credit where credit is due; you are paraphrasing Mark Twain.

Nope. I was paraphrasing Thomas Fuller when he recognized the dangers of being uninformed or misinformed, and he mentioned them in his posthumous 1662 treatise on "The History of the Worthies of England". Fuller preferred to withhold information when he doubted its veracity:

"For my own part, I had rather my Reader should arise hungry from my Book, than surfeited therewith; rather uninformed than misinformed thereby" - T Fuller

Too bad our mainstream media doesn't hire folks like Fuller anymore. Why? Because Senator McCarthy right. Probably to the T.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top