JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well as so often happens the "reporting" just leaves more questions than it answered to me. It claims the guy "self reported" that he had violated some law??? So does that mean no one "caught him"? Does this mean he was "caught" then tried to make the best of it? It's as if almost every source of "news" now is all someone with an opinion wanting to make the story match what they want instead of actually reporting news. 🤬

I see that now I just read the charge date. Could be so many things. You'd think if it was a honest mistake they'd report what happened so more wouldn't make the same mistake.

You'd think if it was a honest mistake they'd report what happened so more wouldn't make the same mistake.
I doubt if the objective of the article is hunter education. More than likely it's "Let's create a little scandal."

It would be interesting to know what penalty he gets. If he indeed "did the right thing" per the state spokesperson, you are not going to encourage that kind of behavior by imprisoning someone or slapping them with a big fine. My guess is this is a tempest in a teapot, but we'll probably never know because the news cycle will have moved on.

"An animal rights and environmental group shared the court documents with McLatchey News" Neener Neener, we're going to tell on you! The guy self reported, turned himself in. Non news. I've hunted my entire life and have known a few Game Wardens, particularly in Montana where I grew up. Yes, they are watching and they really try to catch poachers. If you make an honest mistake, and let them know, it will go a long ways to making it less painful than if you try to hide it. They do have to do something, usually a fine. Never as bad as a huge fine, and confiscation of guns and trucks. And losing your hunting privileges for any number of years. I have known people that stepped over THAT line.

Several years back a man in my area self reported shooting through a cow elk and killing another cow elk. He ended up with a small fine and both elk confiscated on the spot no loss of hunting privilege or property. Very good and honest man.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top