Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wild goose chase! 1969 Camaro Z28

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Galant, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Galant

Galant portland Active Member

A 1969 Z28 Camaro popped on Craigslist for a good deal today. The ad didn't have a phone number. Just an email link and an incorrect address. Well I have been looking for the right Z28 Camaro so I hopped in the car and made an attempt to find it with the bad address. After three hours of checking multiple locations and emailing several times I gave up. On the upside I found a hidden cafe with delicious food. If you're ever on a wild goose chase stop by the South Store Cafe. Delicious cinnamon rolls and it will make you feel better. I know the ad was probably bs but I decided if it wasn't it was worth trying to find. The love of old cars is strong.

2. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I once did a similar "search" for a Norton.

3. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Same with a 71 cuda in texas!

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I search for 74 and older Camaro's too but they're too spendy, usually rusted out too.

My 2000 Z28 got totaled last year. I haven't taken a can opener to it yet to see if the motor and 5 sp are still good, if so they will go into my 240Z or the old Blazer, not sure yet. Got a couple other neat motors that'll fit in the 240.

I also have a GVR4 sitting in the shop waiting for me. Got one of those Galant? Just a guess. ;)

5. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Make me an offer I cant refuse...
    RESTO613.jpg
    RESTO609.jpg
    RESTO569.jpg
    RESTO448.jpg
    RESTO330.jpg
    DSCF1030.jpg
    2007 Best of Show All Camaro & Chevy show. About 3600 miles since completion.
    Baer Brakes, TKO 600 5 speed, McCloud scatter shield, Lowered 2"... 700 pictures of the nut & bolt resto process

6. forefathersrback

forefathersrback Central Oregon Well-Known Member

When it comes to trucks, I'm a die hard Ford man. But cars, there are only two that I want. 69 Z28, & 72 Chevelle SS. When I was younger I had the 69 Chevelle. & A 70 1/2 Camaro, Oh, yes I did own a 56 Ford F~ 100. If I had that today all your ladies would be chasin' me. Galant, hope you come up with one.

7. CoastRange57

CoastRange57 Western Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Pulled my 72 Mustang project coupe out of the shed today, getting ready to sell it. I want to get my Dads old F 100 running again and I need the money from the Mustang to do that. No looking forward to the Flakeslist arseholes calling me up, but that is pretty much the only game.

forefathersrback and orygun like this.
  8. forefathersrback

CoastRange57: If you ever get the chance, please post some pics of your fathers F100. I regret the day we sold our F100. The wifey and I had an 8 track playin' Johnny Cash, cruising down the road. God, I miss those days.

CoastRange57 likes this.
  9. CoastRange57

I will do that..it is nothing spectacular, 2WD, survived me running the shot out of it, and then worked for me for a couple years hauling plants to market, then 2 of my boys had it as their first vehicle. We put a 351 Windsor in it with a C4. It has been sitting for about 8 years, needs a bit of refreshing...it has kind of a rat rod look right now, I just want to get it going and driving again, I don't have and I would not I spend the money for a full blown resto on it. It is staying in the family forever..just an old friend that we are all pretty lucky cannot tell its stories. :eek:

Joe Link and forefathersrback like this.
  10. forefathersrback

Coastal, Awww. F100, she's pretty on her own accord, make up or not.

11. cmica

cmica puy Active Member

Gary thought for sure this was you.

12. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I recently got very lucky; mentioned to my father that I wanted to find a Nova or Chevelle to tuck away for 'someday' (when I had more time and money). Happened to be one of those 'right time' situations, a family friend was ready to move on from his '65 Impala project he'd been working on for the past 8 years. My budget was small, but he wanted to see it go to a good home, where he could visit and see the progress. It'll probably be a year or two before I turn the first wrench, but I now have the father/son project I've been wanting to build since I was 15 :)

2014.02.01 - 1965 Chevrolet Impala - Day 1 008.JPG

308, Nanavic97, orygun and 6 others like this.
  13. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wish someone would dream about buying my 66 Chevelle Malibu project so I could get my 48 Willys finished some time in the next few years.

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

'66-67 Chevelle or Nova was what I was looking for!

15. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

66-67 Chevelle is the most beautiful car ever manufactured by Chevy in my opinion, Good looking project Joe

Joe Link likes this.
  16. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

I feel bad now because as a kid we had an old Nova in the back pasture that we as kids would jump up and down on and literally we trashed the roof, hood and trunk.

Looked about like Joe's in the photo. White interior with blue exterior.

Oh kids they destroy everything. Like going to a friends house and we had a baseball bat and we demolished a bunch of glass tail lights on old Chevys in the side field.

Oooooooooppppssss

17. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Yep, my dad had a 36 Chevy project truck. I shot all the windows and lights out with my Pellet rifle

18. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

SACRILEGE!!!!! :eek::eek: Good looking truck in it day

19. CoastRange57

My uncle had a 66 Impalla SS with 327 and Powerglide. Nothing thrills a 8 year old kid like my uncle roasting the tires every chance he got. It has to be a learned behavior, and passed down through the generations. About time to break my grandsons in on how a 94 Mustang GT can do the same thing.

20. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Nice, but I'd prefer a good '72 Roadrunner.

elsie