JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By wine do you mean like Mad Dog 2020?
Dang, you just triggered a HS memory!

I had this 70-something puke-green Datsun pickup that had white steel-spoked rims, a brown vinyl bench-seat with padding so thin the bar across the seat-back would hurt your kidneys after a while…. but it had a white cue-ball on the stick-shift and a cassette player which made it AWESOME!

Anyway, me and a bunch of buddies got some MD20/20 and were parked on dirt lot off south 82nd (near where the old 82nd Street drive used to be) during a Saturday night….

Long story short, my (then) buddy Frank, drank WAY too much of the stuff and puked purple MD20/20 on the bed-side of my green truck…. it glowed in the dark!

I left it on there for a couple of days because it looked so damned hilarious…. LOL

Young, dumb, and fulla…… MD!

Frank——>:s0170:

Dang, you just triggered a HS memory!

I had this 70-something puke-green Datsun pickup that had white steel-spoked rims, a brown vinyl bench-seat with padding so thin the bar across the seat-back would hurt your kidneys after a while…. but it had a white cue-ball on the stick-shift and a cassette player which made it AWESOME!

Anyway, me and a bunch of buddies got some MD20/20 and were parked on dirt lot off south 82nd (near where the old 82nd Street drive used to be) during a Saturday night….

Long story short, my (then) buddy Frank, drank WAY too much of the stuff and puked purple MD20/20 on the bed-side of my green truck…. it glowed in the dark!

I left it on there for a couple of days because it looked so damned hilarious…. LOL

Young, dumb, and fulla…… MD!

Frank——>:s0170:
I got so sick on that stuff in the teen years that even today so many decades later, the smell triggers me. As soon as I smell it the brain is sending alarm signals. :s0140:

I got so sick on that stuff in the teen years that even today so many decades later, the smell triggers me. As soon as I smell it the brain is sending alarm signals. :s0140:
Our thing, at 18 I'm guessing, was Annie Green Springs. A dude that also worked at the gas station would buy it for us. But Annie Green Springs was a low alcohol content compared to Mogen David.
Sheesh, yes!

MD 20/20 (often called by its nickname Mad Dog) is an American fortified wine. The MD actually stands for its producer: Mogen David. MD 20/20 has an alcohol content that varies by flavor from 13% to 18%. Originally, 20/20 stood for 20 oz at 20% alcohol.
WOOF!

Our thing, at 18 I'm guessing, was Annie Green Springs. A dude that also worked at the gas station would buy it for us. But Annie Green Springs was a low alcohol content compared to Mogen David.
Sheesh, yes!

MD 20/20 (often called by its nickname Mad Dog) is an American fortified wine. The MD actually stands for its producer: Mogen David. MD 20/20 has an alcohol content that varies by flavor from 13% to 18%. Originally, 20/20 stood for 20 oz at 20% alcohol.
WOOF!
Mad Dog was what we all called it alright. The flat bottles made it easy to steal when broke or could not find someone to buy for us. If we could find a buyer and funds were low it was cheaper than beer. One guy who was famous for lifting the stuff two bottles at a time was called Mad Dog. I to this day can picture his face and even remember his voice but can not remember what the hell his real name was. :D So for a good drunk on it did the trick. I lost track of the mornings after, just sure I was dying as I hugged the toilet. Swearing to god that if he got me through this one I would never do it again. How soon I would forget and do it again :D

Mad Dog was what we all called it alright. The flat bottles made it easy to steal when broke or could not find someone to buy for us. If we could find a buyer and funds were low it was cheaper than beer. One guy who was famous for lifting the stuff two bottles at a time was called Mad Dog. I to this day can picture his face and even remember his voice but can not remember what the hell his real name was. :D So for a good drunk on it did the trick. I lost track of the mornings after, just sure I was dying as I hugged the toilet. Swearing to god that if he got me through this one I would never do it again. How soon I would forget and do it again :D
Oh man, some of the memories. Are still intact! :s0114: See, we all turned out to be good, well rounded people! I've said for a looong time, you just can't fully trust people that haven't run the gamut.

For us, it was Keystone Ice beer! That's the nastiest tasting sh!t beer there ever was, and boy did we pay for it afterwards! For some reason, "Hey, could ya Grab us a couple sixers of Coors" always turned into Keystone Ice! Beggers can't be choosers, even when we paid extra for it! Now days, I even see a keystone can, I feel like puking 🤮

For us, it was Keystone Ice beer! That's the nastiest tasting sh!t beer there ever was, and boy did we pay for it afterwards! For some reason, "Hey, could ya Grab us a couple sixers of Coors" always turned into Keystone Ice! Beggers can't be choosers, even when we paid extra for it! Now days, I even see a keystone can, I feel like puking 🤮
The memories of Coors :D
When I was a kid it was not sold here. Now and then some guys would drive over to ID and fill a trunk with it. Come back and have a Coors party. It was a HUGE deal. First time I got to try one I said "If we did not have horse crap here would you drive to ID to buy it?" I was not invited to any more Coors parties :s0140:

The memories of Coors :D
When I was a kid it was not sold here. Now and then some guys would drive over to ID and fill a trunk with it. Come back and have a Coors party. It was a HUGE deal. First time I got to try one I said "If we did not have horse crap here would you drive to ID to buy it?" I was not invited to any more Coors parties :s0140:
evidently you never tried Coors above 5200', never having been above 45 deg
when I was stationed in Colorado in '77, everyone who was transfered out at the end of training contacted their next post to see how much Coors they wanted
they would fill vans and even U-Hauls with Coors on ice and drive it across country - selling it at a significant profit at their next post
booze smugglers all!
I saved my haul and drank it myself

evidently you never tried Coors above 5200', never having been above 45 deg
when I was stationed in Colorado in '77, everyone who was transfered out at the end of training contacted their next post to see how much Coors they wanted
they would fill vans and even U-Hauls with Coors on ice and drive it across country - selling it at a significant profit at their next post
booze smugglers all!
I saved my haul and drank it myself
back in those days Coors brewed 2 levels of beer in Colorado - 3.2% for under 21 and 5% for over
I hauled my camper full of 5% Coors back to California where it was not allowed, but kept it for myself
I know Coors light is only 4.2% today

We would TDY from Holloman or Tindale to the Seattle area with a list, and bring back pallets worth of ether Rainer or Oly, usually for the Pilots and Ground Crews! Some times, we would load it up on one of the "training flights" back, and take it up to altitude to cool it down to drinking specs. before passing it around! Funny how back then, certain areas were specific to certain beer brands, while others were not! You couldn't get Coors or Bud on the east coast, let alone the "Western Brands" like Blitz, or Oly, while in Cali, you could find pretty much every brand!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top