JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's up with the P226 aftermarket being so small? Specifically with slides. I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a slide and they're nowhere to be found. Plenty of places that will do milling, trigger jobs, springs, barrels, things like that but No parts kits and no slides. Is there a copyright issue? Seems like stuff for the P320 is everywhere and it just came out 5 years ago. I'm drowning in Glock parts but can't find anything for the P226. Somebody educate me.

What's up with the P226 aftermarket being so small? Specifically with slides. I've looked everywhere I can think of to find a slide and they're nowhere to be found. Plenty of places that will do milling, trigger jobs, springs, barrels, things like that but No parts kits and no slides. Is there a copyright issue? Seems like stuff for the P320 is everywhere and it just came out 5 years ago. I'm drowning in Glock parts but can't find anything for the P226. Somebody educate me.
I don't think that there will ever be a bling market for P226.
Glock and P320 are built into race guns and that helps drive their aftermarket.
You'll have to be happy with Gray Guns, Armory Craft and Robert Burke offerings for P226.

I guess I just find it hard to believe that there isn't one single operation out there that makes something. I can find an aftermarket P365 slide but....

I don't think that sig firearms need any bells and fluff to improve their intended purpose. There are other options for your foo foo

^^^THIS!!^^^ No bling needed for a Sig P-series, they're meant to be work horses, not show horses. My P220 is close enough to perfect that the only thing it needed was a little trigger work. But like someone else said, the days of the metal framed DA/SA's are, if not numbered, definitely on the wane. That said, revolvers seem to be making a resurgence lately, so who knows, maybe people will eventually realize that plastic if fine for toys, but not serious tools :D! Later.

Dave

I'm not asking for someone to improve the design, the design is fine as is. Take the 1911: no real improvement needed. Sure there are things that are nice to have as options and if you want an aftermarket part to change it up or replace a broken part there is somebody out there that makes it... that includes the slide and frame. And yes, I understand the historical significance and proliferation of the 1911 and that the P series is nowhere near as holy. However Sig is the only one that I've seen that (used to) make replacement slides like the one mentioned above or as the X-change kit. I guess the short answer I'm getting is nobody cares enough to do it?

I'm not asking for someone to improve the design, the design is fine as is. Take the 1911: no real improvement needed. Sure there are things that are nice to have as options and if you want an aftermarket part to change it up or replace a broken part there is somebody out there that makes it... that includes the slide and frame. And yes, I understand the historical significance and proliferation of the 1911 and that the P series is nowhere near as holy. However Sig is the only one that I've seen that (used to) make replacement slides like the one mentioned above or as the X-change kit. I guess the short answer I'm getting is nobody cares enough to do it?
In SIG World the new sheriff in town is P320.
P226 is pulling up to the bar alongside Browning Hi-Power and Model 92.
They're talkin' about the Glory Days.

I am still sorta kicking myself in the bubblegum for not snagging one of the 226RX slides when they were around for $329
Of course that's right when the RXP was coming out so slides that are cut for and have the R1 was becoming obsolete.

Sig probably seen no demand and money in the .22lr slides anymore.
Not when they were dropping the 226 Elite SAO .22 for less than $600
Which was a 226 SAO Legion frame with a .22 slide in black with wood grips.

Before all this nonsense took over there were complete slides all over the place for a decent price.
Then just like everything else it all went poof.

I wanted to build a slide with an RMR cut but the price of spare slides is just dumb now.
So I'll just get the one I have cut and get sights for it. That will scrub the Legion from the top of the slide so that's a bonus too I suppose.

^^What others have said above...the 22X series of handguns were/are 'tool' pistols more from pre-whiz-bang custom craze we enjoy now. Don't need no fancy-shmancy 'bling.'

But agreed...would be nice to have some aftermarket options. Would be awesome if you could easily get 5" match slide/top ends with different sight configurations. But nope. And even Sig's US 'custom shop' really isn't for average folks -they do basic inspections/plumbing/action smoothing...that's about it. That being said, there are some nice factory guns out if you're willing to track them down. The 226LDC is quite impressive.

But if you got the coin and the time, a few places like Grayguns or the Sig Armorer can work some magic.

Boss

Getting tougher to find Sig classic P series parts. Things like internal extractors for the carbon slides. You almost have to buy a junker off of gunbroker as a parts gun. A while back I was even having issues finding anyone, including Sig, selling recoil springs for a 220 carry.

You're 10-15 years too late to ride that train. The plastic fantastics have taken over.

Oh man, I'm worse off than that. Imagine owning a Smith & Wesson Model 59. I'm several decades behind the pack with that one. BUT: It's still fully functional to do the work intended. It was the latest hot stuff in the early 1970's. My 9mm battery also includes a Colt 1911 and a Glock 19 so I'm covered. Oh, I almost forgot my 1943 Walther P.38, very outdated.

I don't think that sig firearms need any bells and fluff to improve their intended purpose. There are other options for your foo foo

I honestly don't get the slide lightening and other trends recently. Kind of reminds me of seeing people who buy a Porsche and then start messing with the suspension. Do you really know more than the engineers in Germany?

And yes, the gold barrels, etc. to me are all just really silly. To each their own, but I just don't understand it any more than goldplating a screwdriver.

Getting tougher to find Sig classic P series parts. Things like internal extractors for the carbon slides. You almost have to buy a junker off of gunbroker as a parts gun. A while back I was even having issues finding anyone, including Sig, selling recoil springs for a 220 carry.

I recently picked up two internal extractors...just in case...since externals replaced internals some time ago. Internal extractor shears off, and you basically have a paperweight.

As for recoil springs, Wolff usually has a good selection. Grayguns sometimes as well.

Boss

Modular guns appeal to the same goofballs who put $2500 wheels and tires on a $3000 car.
Just changed a P229dak over to traditional d/a, no problem getting parts. Try MGW.
Changing from a p series to a 320 would be like going from a lifetime relationship to a cheap whore.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top