JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

OK: 46,000 rounds and a requested 500 targets... That's 92 rounds per target, which puts it just a few practice pulls above a qualifier? Do you not think that the National Weather Center and further more NOAA has armed security (not to include NOAA's police force).

Even if they are not used for qualifiers, each post would have 45 rounds (approximately) for duty carry. With the required percentage within the armory...

For the same reason the Dept of Ed has short barreled shotguns....

The Answer Sheet - Education Department buying 27 shotguns

Wow:
Posted at 3:07 PM ET, 03/11/2010
Education Department buying 27 shotguns

I think your onto something here; Different departments buying different things years apart!

From YOUR own Newspaper: The dangerous job of DOE's special agents
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/an...ry-duncan/the-dangerous-job-of-does-spec.html

Just Saying?

conspiracy.jpg

OK: 46,000 rounds and a requested 500 targets... That's 92 rounds per target, which puts it just a few practice pulls above a qualifier? Do you not think that the National Weather Center and further more NOAA has armed security (not to include NOAA's police force).

Even if they are not used for qualifiers, each post would have 45 rounds (approximately) for duty carry. With the required percentage within the armory...

I agree with what you are saying, considering most times a person has to qualify twice a year. So I get it. But what about the other side of it? 1.) These are .40 cal JHP.... You don't practice with hollow points. 2.) These are pistol rounds.... It doesn't take 92 rounds to qualify, but I guess you could include practice into it, through out the year that would be exceptable. 3.) Most places like these do not hire their own security. They get contracted out to companies. Which is my biggest point. The company supplies weapons, rounds, training.... not the buissness contracting the company. Just food for thought.

My question, though, is why are we arming the National Weather Service? Why do we arm the Dept of Ed? We have a Federal police force (FBI/ATF/DEA). Why do these other departments not just pick up the phone and let the federal LE agencies do the law enforcement....
Or am I just being silly?

1.) These are .40 cal JHP.... You don't practice with hollow points.

That's because you pay for your own ammo and it would be more expensive to do that. For govt. agencies where taxpayers are paying for the ammo they don't care about the cost and it is probably easier to keep just one type in inventory.

My question, though, is why are we arming the National Weather Service? Why do we arm the Dept of Ed? We have a Federal police force (FBI/ATF/DEA). Why do these other departments not just pick up the phone and let the federal LE agencies do the law enforcement....
Or am I just being silly?

NWS has remote weather stations, animal hazards are possible.

Department of Education? That seems odd, unless they have a security force at their headquarters. (Although shouldn't the Federal government have a centralized security force for ALL departments?)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top