JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stuff like this is why we need >10 rd. mag capacity.
I wonder how it would have gone if the 1st one had caught a blast of lead and hot smoke in his perplexed face.

Last Edited:
I'm glad I don't have the concerns you city dwellers have
no streetlights, dead end gravel roads, drainage ditches and barbed wire fences
since I moved out here, NEVER had a stranger walk down my gravel road up to my door
FedX, UPS and USPS, Amazon every now and then
contractors call before coming out

Meh
Its why I put heavy steel screen doors on all my home entrances and keep them locked
They aren't kicking those in and they aren't prying them open without serious tools and lots of time.
And if the racket they make trying to break in through those doors hasn't woke me up then I'm probably already dead.
And if I'm not dead, they may be soon.

and trained watch geese
I've seen grown men run from our big Gander

Daddy Goose.jpg

LOL I just bet
Those things are mean.
raised him since he hatched out here - 16 years old now and mean as ever - they can live for 25 years

he lowers his head and charges at your legs, grabs you pants leg and pulls, 25 lbs of goose at your ankle will tip you over
THEN, the flock attacks when your down
I can walk through the flock but pity to any strangers they don't know

I've had to retreat from several geese myself. As people get all angry when you grab their goose and wring it's neck.
The geese at Boeing got obstreporous to the point that I seriously thought about punting the next one that charged me,
Having grown up on a farm and being victimized by the damn beasts I give them no quarter and will punt, wring necks, use their carcass as club on their comrades, stab, shoot or whatever it takes. I'll hunt them just to blow them out of sky, I could care less about eating them. I f'n HATE geese.

Wow. Why would he open the door? I live in a relatively sketchy area and only open the door for ups, fedex and people whos face I recognize. At night, the door stays shut and my firearm is next to me as I chill watching TV. My Kids also never open the door if they dont know the person. I know few teenagers here who I woud not put past doing something similar. (One of them I actually chased away with a bat before because they kept trying to vandalize my classic car).

Theoretically, Man if they kick in the door... id have no chance if i was in the livingroom. Also given being outnumbered there would be a slim chance to survive I guess. Now If i wasnt in the livingroom, thats a different story. I have a nice long hallway that looks right at the front door from the bedroom, where also the bathroom is. I could easily take all four on from that position if I had to.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews