JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This same question got me banned for life from the S&W Forum. When asked what it meant I linked the Urban Dictionary definition and was immediately told to change my name or get the boot. My response was a picture of the Grundel Coat of Arms and politely refused to change it. Last time I tried to login I got the "you have been banned for life" message. Bahahaha so now I have to keep it.

Hmm. I bought some, it was powder or .44 special brass from you a couple of years ago. You looked totally normal to me and were as nice as can be! I had NO idea what that word meant.

Thanks for the morning laugh!

Well I finally looked that term up myself. What a wide and wonderful new world of terms have become available - where have I been? Grundel Hawk, Satan's Grundel, Grundel Baby, some weird azz stuff out there o_O damn, I have to say my view of the works has officially been tainted :rolleyes:

image.jpeg

Another Grundel: Grundel

Another reason for pseudonyms. One word: "SWATting." Previously just a trick of B*tchy Little Girl gamers, now adopted by B*tchy Little Girl Leftofascists like bomb-throwing terrorist Brett Kimberlin. My old editor at RedState, Erick Erickson, had it done to him a couple times.
Swatting - Wikipedia

Well I finally looked that term up myself. What a wide and wonderful new world of terms have become available - where have I been? Grundel Hawk, Satan's Grundel, Grundel Baby, some weird azz stuff out there o_O damn, I have to say my view of the works has officially been tainted :rolleyes:

View attachment 360401

And don't forget the always popular, "Grundel Butter". :oops:

Re the OP. Why use pseudonyms? To avoid "Hi, my name is Dan Adams, I live in Des Moines and here are pics of the valuable guns that I own. See you guys later when I get back from vacation."

My own guns were lost in an unfortunate rafting accident on the Mississippi.

Re the OP. Why use pseudonyms? To avoid "Hi, my name is Dan Adams, I live in Des Moines and here are pics of the valuable guns that I own. See you guys later when I get back from vacation."

My own guns were lost in an unfortunate rafting accident on the Mississippi.
I should retitle this thread (which I have said in a couple of earlier replies). What I actually wanted to know is how you all chose the names you use online. There have been some good stories behind a few of them. In my case, I never go on vacation and only one of my guns is sort of valuable. (Hint: it's the one I have within reach 24/7.)

Back in the days of dial-up modems I sometimes frequented bulletin boards where a handle was required. Looking out the window one day I spotted some graffiti spray painted on the side of someone's sailboat. It read "Stone Killer" and "Zeke". My new bulletin board handle then became "Zeke Stonekiller". When choosing a name for this forum I went with the old, tried and true "Zeke", but since I lived near the Oregon metropolis of Zigzag it became "ZigZagZeke".

I should retitle this thread (which I have said in a couple of earlier replies). What I actually wanted to know is how you all chose the names you use online. There have been some good stories behind a few of them. In my case, I never go on vacation and only one of my guns is sort of valuable. (Hint: it's the one I have within reach 24/7.)

I chose HuckleberryFun because I was reading some Mark Twain around the time I joined NWFA. Also reminds me of "I'm your Huckleberry" from one of my favorite films. Also, fictional Huck does all kinds of fun stuff that tends to annoy --or even horrify-- good decent townsfolk. I try to live up to that.

Here's how I got my name and avatar....

Just what exactly does that Avatar mean again?

As to why, well my name is fairly common and at the time I moved to WA, there was a certain Sonic's player that has the same name as me and I got tired of being asked if I was him every time I gave people my full name.

Ray
(Edited for grammar)

Ray,

I'm from the South, so I have a habit of pronouncing vowels with a long drawl. When I first saw your screen name, I read it as "Slow-Bray". Got a good chuckle when it dawned on me that it was "Slob Ray".

Dan,

Regarding my screen name: My name is Howard, and I was born in 1955. Not a very imaginative handle, but it's one I can easily remember (so far). I chose that avatar because the Good Lord is allowing me to be an inventor in my geezerhood.

Fun thread. I actually read the entire thing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top