JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ya know I just cant wait for the day, I'm sure just as a lot of you, that all the gougers get stuck with a bunch of stuff they bought up never intending to or maybe not even having the tools or equipment to use.

I've been buying Unique pistol powder for $18.99 at Sportsmans Warehouse yet I regularly see it here for $35-$50. The day is coming and a lot sooner than I probably first thought that the Sportsmans and Bimarts and Dicks etc etc shelves will once again be fully stocked with all our favorite powders, primers, bullets and ammo.

Hold out fellas hold out. I think its all gonna be good plenty before hunting season. $80 for a brick of Federal? I bought two bricks last wednesday for a little less than $47. Got SPP and SPM primers for $38 per K.

I've been buying Unique pistol powder for $18.99 at Sportsmans Warehouse
Bought a can myself the other day at the Bend SW. I was surprised to see the $18.99 price. When it was Outdoor Outfitters Unique was $21.99. Stuff is coming back regularly and staying on the shelves longer. Hopefully the scalpers will take notice and stop their relentless game of musical chairs at the stores.

Hey, you........... I come to LaPine quite a bit. Was at the COSSA range a couple weeks back.

I cant wait till we can buy stuff here at 15% under retail cause the gougers wives start telling them the same thing we have been, how ignorant they are, lol

Who cares, I always have an ample supply of ammo, mags, reloading componants. Learned many years ago that there are and always will be people that don't learn from experience when it comes to panic/shortage on items. The ones selling at higher prices are free to ask what they want but I am also free to not pay it as I have an ample supply already. I think it is funny all the ones that complain about it, what does it hurt you if they sell at inflated prices unless you yourself need the items.

Sure they may get stuck with a bunch of ammo and such but that doesnt affect me so I am not worried or even thinking about it. I am sure they will sell what they have eventually at what they paid for it maybe even at a loss but again that doesnt matter to me.

Maybe this time more people will stock up but I seriously doubt it, next time we will see the same thing as we are now, You just can't fix stupid.

Well, I guess I was one of the more fortunate ones when it comes to this last go round because I do have plenty of stock on hand. Technically I suppose at gouger prices these days I could consider myself rich, but I dont.

I certainly do understand your point about those that didnt plan ahead then not knowing where to jump payed gouger prices.

Moreover the point of my original post I guess was simply the disdain for people that take advantage of folks involved in the same sport I love. But you certainly have a point about those that dont prepare themselves for times like these. I think that fact alone will extend this period just a little longer, this time.

Ill do my best to remember who jacked their prices way up and more than likely after getting it at Walmart or bi mart for so called normal non panic prices. They get their family members or business partners lining up at the doors so they can get all they can then to turn around
And jack the price way up. Oh sure some people will pay for it because they can't get to the store right at opening on Delivery day to get it but still would like to do some shooting heck that's why they bought the gun, to shoot it. To me I think it not right for them to buy it so called normal going prices then take it to their gun shop and sell it at 3-4 times the price. Yeah I know they don't have to buy but it still bugs me that these gun shops are doing. Anyway done with my rant.

The assumption that prices will go back to where they were a year or two ago is flawed. CCI Mini Mags at .05-.06, 9mm at .12/round? Not a given that those days will return.

Ammo may never go back to those prices, especially with the inflation we are seeing on all real goods (even though gov and the boob tube will say there is no price inflation).

The assumption that prices will go back to where they were a year or two ago is flawed. CCI Mini Mags at .05-.06, 9mm at .12/round? Not a given that those days will return.

Ammo may never go back to those prices, especially with the inflation we are seeing on all real goods (even though gov and the boob tube will say there is no price inflation).

Agreed. In 2007 I was getting bricks of Federal at Bimart for a little less than $9. After the election and then of course the shortage when it became a regularly stocked item again it was around $13 then made its way to around $18 at Bimart. Wholesale sports was around $22 before this go round. I'm expecting low $20's at Bimart and probably $25-$26 at Wholesale sports when it comes back.

Some things are already coming back in stock I picked up a brand new DPMS AR at Wal-Mart yesterday for $617 both Wal-Mart and Fred Meyer in Roseburg have had ARs in stock this week an associated buyers has had a bushmaster in stock there for a few weeks at $1000 with no takers so hold on for a bit and barring some other stupidity prices will start to come back down as stock goes up.

My prediction is that we will never see CCI Mini Mags for .05/round ever again. (Props to Rocky3 on this one).

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal favorites are the ones wanting to sell their $20 22LR packs from Walmart for $50+ and the $800 Glocks . . . once people stop paying these outrageous prices, these guys will stop buying everything up. I'm just glad I didn't wait until December to buy ammo . . . after 2008 I would buy a few boxes every time I stopped in somewhere that had decent prices. . .

I was in the Cabela's Outpost in Union Gap yesterday, and was pleasantly surprised to see surprising quantities of ammo and some powder! PMC .223 Bronze was $9.99 per box of 20, Federal Independence 55 gr FMJ was $11.95. Fiocchi .45 ACP was $22.95 for a box of 50 (230 gr FMJ). They had W-760 for $22.99 a pound, also H-380, IMR-7828, Longshot, H-414, Hybrid 100V, and some others ranging in price from $22.95 to $27.95. The only things missing were .22lr, powders for handguns, and powders for .223 class cartridges. They also had an excellent supply of .308 Win, including Fiocchi 147 gr FMJ for $18.99 a box. Now, perhaps they got in a shipment yesterday morning and it will be gone today, but I plan to check on my home to see how much is left.

Ammo is like cash, they will recoup, but enjoying watching a seller/gouger on ebay selling saiga drum mags and he was trying to rape everyone ofcourse, he now stuck with a bunch and has finally dropped the price to meet the manufacturer but still no ones buying

The thing that amuses me are the guys who want to sell their items at the panic price while offering to trade for your stuff at the pre-panic price. -I appreciate someone wanting to make a buck, but pick your frame of reference and be consistent. It's either the pre-panic price point for both parties or the panic price point for both parties.

As far as being stuck after the panic dies down, it depends on what the people have and why they bought the stuff. If it's ammo and the person has firearms that use the calibers he has, he's not really stuck. He can shoot through it over time. On the other hand, the people who bought mags and firearms at high prices for the sole purpose of reselling it, they're likely to be stuck. If their purpose was to obtain the stuff for personal use, they merely paid a high price to have certainty. Before we get smug about them paying too much, we should recognize that it was not a forgone conclusion that no new laws would get passed when they bought their items.

They aren't gougers unless it's something that is necessary like food,water or building supplies. It's just capitalism,the American way.

You don't need to buy the inflated products. You don't have to pay their prices,so it is NOT gouging
Sure,they are a$$ hats but not gougers.

Just get over it.

They aren't gougers unless it's something that is necessary like food,water or building supplies. It's just capitalism,the American way.

You don't need to buy the inflated products. You don't have to pay their prices,so it is NOT gouging
Sure,they are a$$ hats but not gougers.

Just get over it.

...ammo...not...necessary... :huh:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR