Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Who's been to this weekends gun show (PDX) and what did you think?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by techiej, Jun 16, 2012.

1. techiej

techiej vancouver, wa Active Member

For those of you who have gone to the show this weekend, what did you think?

I'm debating calling in sick for my shift tomorrow and attending but wanted to find out what the general consensus of the show has been in terms of variety and deals.

Thanks!

2. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

The last few I've been to were a waste of time mostly older rifles at new prices and a bunch of "tacticool" gear for Ar's

3. MagDump

MagDump Vancouver, Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I went today and enjoyed it. It depend on what you want. There were more new guns than I wanted to look at (rows and rows). Lots of AR rifles and accessories. There were a few fine shotgun and a few cheaper shotguns. Parts for those trying to put together or fix any old military gun. Rows and row of books for those that want to learn beyond the average knowledge. Cheap knifes and collector grade knives. Reloading equipment and stuff. Some ammo had good prices and some more expensive.
    It all depends on what you expect a gun show to be. Personally I like to talk to the old timers and collect stuff for the man cave. I don't go to save money or get a great deal. I often pay full asking price just because I want it. When I want cheap, I shop at Walmart and it usually breaks about the time the warranty runs out. Over the years, I alway see the prices go up on the stuff I buy at the gun shows: guns, ammo, books, reloading, and coins/silver. Generally guns yield about 1% to 1.5% over inflation therefore I have no complaints. Take good care (oil and protect) what you buy and you can probably sell it down the road for more than you paid for it.

4. PlayboyPenguin

PlayboyPenguin Pacific Northwest Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Same ol' same ol' as far as I am concerned. The only difference was it seemed like there was less there and Keith was in a new place. Otherwise, no great deals and nothing I wouldn't much rather pick up from someone local that I know will still be there tomorrow if I have an issue. Did see lots of M&P Shields though. Many were way over priced. I passed on it now that I have seen it in person.

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  5. PDXHero

PDXHero Beaverton, OR Member

What were they asking for on the shield? That's the only reason why I would go.

6. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

I went today and it was my first gun show. It might be same old same old to you guys, but the selection of weapons and goodies there was the most I had seen anywhere ever...

Picked up a nice Smith and Wesson .38 Special with a laser in the grip for the wife, and my buddy browsed through dozens and dozens of 1911's before choosing this Springfield 1911 "Loaded" that felt amazingly natural in the grip.

We couldn't have compared that many makes and models anywhere I've ever been. It was awesome.

I picked up some trick ammo for my 7.62x39, and a sweet new muzzle break for my SKS. I would have gone nuts with the credit card if I could have! Handled a beauty of an M1 Garand too...

7. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

For those who attended, how were the ammo prices? Did any vendors show up with bulk handgun reloads?

8. PlayboyPenguin

Keith's had the .40's for $399 but some places wanted full retail. Some even had them priced at $500.

9. JackThompson

JackThompson Valley of the Demons Well-Known Member

Washougal armory was there too! I was wondering if they were alive and well. They're doing good, making beautiful new ammo and selling it reasonably. I can't recall their bulk deals, but I picked up some nice 7.62x39 for $6 a box. (Brass cased, it looks like boxer primed, I'll check when I fire it)

10. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

The show was ok. If you have a good shop in your area the prices are the same. The one cool thing was that I was able to meet the married (?) couple that runs NWF. Really great people, its good to know that there are amazing people running this site!

11. PlayboyPenguin

I do not think Joey is married to that red headed guy. I think they are just friends. :)

12. Untamo

Untamo Tigard (SW Portland) Member

:laugh:

13. jdubl

jdubl Oregon Member

NO SPOILERS! Going in the morning with the family. ;)

14. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

I found S&B 115 grain factory 9mm for $10 a box and a case for $200/1000. Not bad for factory new.
    Saw the new Ruger take down 10/22, the M&P shield, and the lightweight Ruger .22 pistol. Neat stuff.

15. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

Picked up a kahr cm9 for a good price also some s&b 9mm for $10 a box. Saw some 9mm reloads that ranged from 100-150 for a case of 500 rds. The show was alot bigger than I expected. Lots of toys and snacks.

16. BrianL

BrianL Hermiston Active Member

I went Friday afternoon and was able to get a 1000 rounds of BVAC 9mm from Surplus Ammo for $180.00, and a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 from NW Ammo for $225.00.

17. stoney

stoney Brush Prairie, WA Member

If they did away with the knifes and crippy crap, it would be 1/3 the size

18. morgan

morgan Portland area New Member

I went yesterday and enjoyed it...I don't get to it that often. Bought some accessories & bulk ammo. WAY too much stuff made in China. Every dollar we send over is a knife in our back...oh well, not too many people seem to mind. But, back on topic: I was surprised that I didn't see any suppressor stuff there. I still remember the Expo shows in the "old days." Huge by comparison.

19. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Just an FYI - that is the current every day price for S&B 115 FMJ at NW Armory. I've been picking up a box or two every paycheck.

20. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Might make it to check out NWFA's booth. Only reason to go except for some guy there that will sharpen knives for $3 each.