JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Busy and hectic, yes. No beanie babies or taffy, but there was still some jerky and hot sauce tables. For the most part I didn't see any unreasonably re-election gouging. No-window P-Mags were $11 to $13, several different tables had Colt 6920s for $1,100 (the same as Walmart). Still, too much of the typical cheap NCStar knockoffs and Chinese gear to tempt me to go back again. I saw just a handful of real ACOGs and EOTechs, no Aimpoints and no Russian AK scopes, quality or otherwise. I'm saving my gas, parking and entrance fees and ordering online from now on unless I'm in the area of a LGS that I know carries what I want. I bought an Aimpoint 3x magnifier and twistoff mount from Keith's yesterday that was as good a price as I could find anywhere online and better than most.

Keith

It was $8 to park and $9 to get in to the show, so its got to be a big profit center for the city. They parking used to be free and its going up each year, was $6 last time I went.

But it was a good show. Lots of tempting guns to buy and the pricing was reasonable at most places. Ammo was not cheap compared to BiMart pricing. Example Rem Thunderbolt brick of 22 cal was priced at $25.99 and biMart has the same for 17.99 or 15.99 on sale. So you need to shop around for ammo. Bought some of that Russian 7.62x39 for 5.25 per 20 rounds, good price for the steel cased stuff.

We had a good time at the show and found the place to be very busy on Saturday.

It was extremely busy, but probably the best Portland show in the past 4-5 years. There were more vendors than usual (almost max capacity and real gun stuff), and people were happy and buying guns. I snatched up some bulk ammo at the opening bell, but there were still some decent bulk ammo deals at the end of the day. AR15's are flying out the door (still at reasonable prices; maybe $20 over the pre-election prices); I fully expect them to jump $150-200 bucks again within a month. Still not like the "good old days", but I have a bad feeling in two years we'll be remembering shows like this weekend as the "good old days".

It was $8 to park and $9 to get in to the show, so its got to be a big profit center for the city. They parking used to be free and its going up each year, was $6 last time I went.

fwiw if you carpool (at least three) you get to park for $7 ,then show bimart card and get in for $7..I got some ammo too but thats it..

Good show!

My Son and geeked out over all the guns and people, must of been 3,000 there and tons of tables

Bought some 9mm from Nwarmory and a cleaning kit

No surprise, no Shields anywhere lol

Navman

Trainsktg, how was the selection of ak's there? There has never been than many or any good of a selection but it seems that they are getting harder to find lately with the election and all.

I was there around 2pm and almost walked out with either a TRP or a 1939 Mauser 98 but ended up buying nothing. The ammo was high for what I saw. m193 was around 400 a case and made me happy I got it from Bi-Mart when it was 299 a case.

Trainsktg, how was the selection of ak's there? There has never been than many or any good of a selection but it seems that they are getting harder to find lately with the election and all.

I saw several AK's. A nice Polish underfolder, at least one converted Saiga, a milled AK, and a couple of weird new "all US parts" builds which I gurantee had the Chinese airsoft Russian laminate copy furniture on it. They were built on US receivers, but weren't Nodak Spud. Don't recall seeing a single WASR but I'd image there was at least one there somewhere. Some dude walked out with a Molot VEPR box, but I have no idea what table it came from - I didn't see any VEPR's at the show.

-Thirtycal

I had a good time. Bought several items including a very clean Sig P-250 at a very attractive price! Bought it from a private owner who had shared a table with two other guys. I like this show because it brings in private owners. I thought that ammo was A bit more than I want to pay, so I mostly ignored it.

Out of curiosity, anyone notice a white van cruising the parking lot, with a camera mounted in back?

Past couple shows i was at there was one. My aluminum foil hat self assumed they were photographing license plates...

I saw several AK's. A nice Polish underfolder, at least one converted Saiga, a milled AK, and a couple of weird new "all US parts" builds which I gurantee had the Chinese airsoft Russian laminate copy furniture on it. They were built on US receivers, but weren't Nodak Spud. Don't recall seeing a single WASR but I'd image there was at least one there somewhere. Some dude walked out with a Molot VEPR box, but I have no idea what table it came from - I didn't see any VEPR's at the show.

-Thirtycal

Well, it sounds like they didn't have too bad of a selection then. Thanks thirtycal.

I am sure that the gun show attracts people that are less then law abiding citizens, if it was there for surveillance purposes it could have been looking for fugitives that may be trying to unload guns, stock up ammo, ect. But it is Portland, so i would not be surprised if they took a few lingering pictures of license as well.

sounds like a good showing... sorry I missed this one. I always seem to hit the shows when kids are going back to school ( no money to spend) and then after christmas ( again no money to pay off Mrs. CC's) bummer for me, glad there was a good showing

I am sure that the gun show attracts people that are less then law abiding citizens, if it was there for surveillance purposes it could have been looking for fugitives that may be trying to unload guns, stock up ammo, ect. But it is Portland, so i would not be surprised if they took a few lingering pictures of license as well.

I'm sure that you have no idea what your talking about. I been attending gun shows since the mid 1960's in the 80's and 90's I did as many as two shows a month. And I was a Dealer (selling hand made knives) and while the occasional scruffy looking dude comes to a show to infer that Gun shows attact less then law abiding citizens is just plain wrong.

Its best when you have no idea what your talking about to just remain silent.

Went today and enjoyed just walking around and mostly window shopping. Was worth the parking and entry ($15) for the 2 1/2 hours of gawking and yakking.
Did buy some ammo, got 1,000 rounds 9mm for $195. Once fired reloads, mostly military brass. That was $20 more than last month but still felt it was a good buy. Cheaper than anyone else at the show and cheaper than BiMart.
Folks I talked to said after the election all componets went up. They drive to Montana for powder. Have gone through about 750 rounds from them and never had a problem.

michael-bloomberg.jpg

I apologize, i worded this wrong, I know that 99.9% of people including myself are law abiding citizens. It was not my intention to make it sound like i felt that most people that go are less then law abiding.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top