JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We are now routinely camping all over the US. Is there a State's carry permit, other than my Oregon, that gets most of the other states covered?

Looks like Utah is pretty good.

Thanks gents.

I have the Utah permit. Just keep in mind that even tho Utah reciprocates with Florida it doesn't apply to non-Utah residents. Also remember that you can't carry in bars in Washington. You should always check the regulations for each state you travel to.

StateEnhancedCCWMap.jpg

Idaho Enhanced CCW State Reciprocity Map
Blue = Honored
Red = Not Honored

Yellow - MUST be an Idaho Resident

California - Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Connecticut - Issues non-resident permits.
Hawaii -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Illinois -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Maryland -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Massachusetts -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
New Jersey -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
New York -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Oregon -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Pennsylvania -- Cites statutory provisions are not aligned with their state but fails to provide specifics.
Rhode Island - Does not offer any reason for not accepting Idaho CCW.
Vermont - Anyone can conceal carry in Vermont without a permit or license (Constitutional Carry).

Note: The Idaho Enhanced Permit requires class time under a certified attorney- instructor and to pass a written test. Plus, a prescribed number of hours of range time with a certified instructor to pass the practical test with a minimum of 100 rounds fired. You must be 21, non-felon, etc....
....Not being a bloody idiot is definitely an asset as well.

It can all be completed on the same day if you take the training at a range offering classes. Total cost is around $150 for class time and range time plus the license fee. You supply your own ammo, bring a gun and holster (your own or borrowed).
If you're from out of state you must have your home state license to get an enhanced license.

IdahoStandardCCWReciprocityMap.JPG

View attachment 282749

Idaho Enhanced CCW State Reciprocity Map
Blue = Honored
Red = Not Honored

Yellow - MUST be an Idaho Resident

California - Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Connecticut - Issues non-resident permits.
Hawaii -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Illinois -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Maryland -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Massachusetts -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
New Jersey -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
New York -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Oregon -- Does not offer a reciprocity agreement with any state.
Pennsylvania -- Cites statutory provisions are not aligned with their state but fails to provide specifics.
Rhode Island - Does not offer any reason for not accepting Idaho CCW.
Vermont - Anyone can conceal carry in Vermont without a permit or license (Constitutional Carry).

Note: The Idaho Enhanced Permit requires class time under a certified attorney- instructor and to pass a written test. Plus, a prescribed number of hours of range time with a certified instructor to pass the practical test with a minimum of 100 rounds fired. You must be 21, non-felon, etc....
....Not being a bloody idiot is definitely an asset as well.

It can all be completed on the same day if you take the training at a range offering classes. Total cost is around $150 for class time and range time plus the license fee. You supply your own ammo, bring a gun and holster (your own or borrowed).
If you're from out of state you must have your home state license to get an enhanced license.

View attachment 282750

What's the difference between "enhanced" and regular licenses? Are the enhanced available to non-residents?

I've got a non-resident WA CPL and it actually doesn't do too badly - doesn't cover quite as much as some others, but it was easy to get and I travel to Washington regularly, so the reciprocity is just a bonus.

This is the reciprocity map for folks with NON-RESIDENT WA CPL's:

WA.JPG

Wow, the Idaho enhanced license looks awesome. Are there instructors in Oregon (specifically Lane County) or must one travel to Idaho? Is renewal done without a trip there?

1)
What's the difference between "enhanced" and regular licenses? Are the enhanced available to non-residents?
2)
Are there instructors in Oregon (specifically Lane County) or must one travel to Idaho? Is renewal done without a trip there?

1) The "regular" can be issued starting at age 18, do not allow "campus carry" and are accepted by fewer states (Washington is one).
The "enhanced" only issued to those over 21, good in more states(including Washington), "campus carry" allowed.
it is available to non-residents.
2) I'm not sure if it can be acquired remotely and probably needs to be done in state. It can be done in 1 day so if you're within reasonable distance it may be feasible (or, maybe you have relatives in Idaho that need a visit...?)

some contacts (either one will know more than me.)
(208) 867-4684
[email protected]
(I've never met or spoken to this one, just got it from the internet. I think they're near Boise)

or

Diamondback shooting range(indoor)
(208) 798-7468 (10am -8pm, closed Mondays)
I shoot there about twice a week.

The regular permit process is to basically show your home state permit and fill out paperwork at any Idaho sheriffs office.

I live on the border with Washington and never travel other than between the 2 states, so I just have a Washington non-res permit (its also accepted in Idaho). When I fly to Texas i just borrow from my daughter and my WA permit is accepted there too (unilateral).
Of course, If it go to Canada to visit family...
....:rolleyes:I get to carry a hardwood souvenir hockey stick (without a permit).:rolleyes:

Last Edited:
For, me, because of a future trip of mine, I'm going to get an Arizona CWP. You get Utah and Nevada and Wyoming and others.

I already have Washington, which is a big benefit of the Utah. Arizona does not provide coverage in Washington. But since I already have Washington, Arizona gave me all the western states I wanted.

Idaho is about to go Constitutional carry so I wonder what that may mean for their carry permit system...

so I wonder what that may mean for their carry permit system...
Idaho,understands that when you got your CC permit,they did a NICS check and that should cover you for checks when buying a gun. So with the CC permit,you do not have to do a NICS check each time. I hope this remains in tact
I will be getting my enhanced now that I read this. My utah works fine but why not?
I'm on plenty of "lists" so who cares?

My DW and I just completed our Idaho enhanced CCW requirements. Both the class room instruction and range time are pretty easy. Yes, there is a test for the classroom portion but compared to the Hunter education test it's a breeze. The firearms portion is a familiarization composed of classroom and range time. There was no real qualification but you had better follow safe handgun practices. When we receive our permits we will be sending copies to Utah for their permit also. Idaho allows people who have DUIs to hold permits where as Utah does not and several other states will recognize the utah permit and not the Idaho permit for this reason.

We are now routinely camping all over the US. Is there a State's carry permit, other than my Oregon, that gets most of the other states covered?

Looks like Utah is pretty good.

Thanks gents.
Utah non resident permit is very good and can be renewed by mail which is a huge benefit. I have one, this is where I am good to go with the Utah plus my Oregon permit.

image.jpeg

Yeah it looks like a Idaho license might be the best way to go now since Utah lost it's reciprocity to Nevada. I guess the the determining factor would be Idaho license fees and renew by mail for non residents.

Have a Oregon resident permit. Got a Utah non-resident several years ago, when
Nevada and New Mexico honored it. Just sent off for a Arizona non-resident.

I have an Oregon resident CCW permit, and looking at these maps and other info, it looks like I can legally carry in Idaho and Utah using only my Oregon permit, am I reading that right? My family is taking a couple week long road trip thru Idaho and Utah this summer, and I wouldn't mind bringing Senor Nueve along for the ride, lol!

I'm satiated with having my Oregon and Washington.... which speaking of... need to renew WA.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top