JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No, unfortunately he is a single dad with a kid almost out of highschool and one just out and working, so he spends a lot of time doing the home dad thing.

I've been pushing him to make some fighting or bushcraft knives and told him I'd sell them if he can't - he does thrift shop flipping since before it was a common thing and still makes his money that way.

Once the youngest is out of highschool he will have more time but for now he just does word of mouth custom work.

If you have a design and either material preference for the blade or handle - he can do it.

Has the tools and knowledge but not the name recognition. Branding and web design is also something I've been talking to him about so he can do what he loves and make enough to pay the bills too.

I'll see if I can get him to send me some pics and I'll post them up.
I don't have the money for something like that right now, it was more for future reference. Has he ever considered doing knife making classes? (Not that I'd be able to afford that either) When/if I try making knives I'll probably attempt to teach myself, I can be stubborn that way. But it was just an idea. And I'd never say no to knife pics! ;)

DORK!.......I thought I'd hit the wrong link on the right side in "Recent Threads".
I though it said "Who Makes a Good Hand Warmer" :s0021::s0054: :s0157:

:s0125:

I would think The Good Doctor being the creative sort he is, would have figured out how to make a War Hammer all ready, but just in case, I would recommend the biggest Ball Peen Hammer head you can get your hands on and start heating and forging the Peen end into the pike and grinding the Hammer side to shape as needed! Good Old Hammers can be used to make all sorts of tools if you let your mind and creative nature take over, and all it takes is a good torch set up and time! I have recently been making Ships Boarding Ax's using the Ball Peen Hammers, and they have turned out great! I have found I can make really useful old school wood and metal working tools this way!

its interesting learning about the weights. you'd think a 2.8lbs hammer would not be very effective as a weapon.
It's the multiplication of force. Acceleration of the head due to the arc of the elbow and wrist is substantial. The head speed when swung is probably something like 200 fps. That calculates out to about 2700 ft-lbs of energy being applied either at the blade edge or the point of the pick.

The other point is that the pick was not meant to necessarily be a killing weapon. Imagine opening up several holes in an opponent's chest or back armor with the jagged edges turned inward an inch or two. Your opponent would be literally wearing a cheese grater while trying to fight. Every movement would cause those ragged edges to inflict more pain and damage.

It's the multiplication of force. Acceleration of the head due to the arc of the elbow and wrist is substantial. The head speed when swung is probably something like 200 fps. That calculates out to about 2700 ft-lbs of energy being applied either at the blade edge or the point of the pick.

The other point is that the pick was not meant to necessarily be a killing weapon. Imagine opening up several holes in an opponent's chest or back armor with the jagged edges turned inward an inch or two. Your opponent would be literally wearing a cheese grater while trying to fight. Every movement would cause those ragged edges to inflict more pain and damage.

If you add a hinge that only moves 10-25 degrees then that would also multiply the force acceleration. Never seen that done but it would work like nunchucks I would think and help get it around an arm or something else blocking it

Just watching KOIN 6 news and saw a perfect War Hammer sticking out of a SERT TEAM members backpack!
Other than being OD green, it was straight out the most recent Robin Hood movie! :D Really cool actually!

IMG_0502.JPG

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads