JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This seems appropriate for this thread.

I paid $800 for a Norinco MAK-90 a few years ago. Sold it for $1200. Never even fired it. AK's....meh.

I paid $800 for a Norinco MAK-90 a few years ago. Sold it for $1200. Never even fired it. AK's....meh.

cvdyi.gif

This seems appropriate for this thread.

Fifty-seven hundred for a RPK with plastic furniture? Yah, no. That is getting close to the lower end of transferable machine-guns, price-wise.

Oh, he atoned for his sins by getting rid of it. :p

Fifty-seven hundred for a RPK with plastic furniture? Yah, no. That is getting close to the lower end of transferable machine-guns, price-wise.

Oh, he atoned for his sins by getting rid of it. :p

Without the mags I got with my purchase it's actually less than what I paid for a transferrable early last year.

I paid $299 for my MAK-90 brand new from the dealer....in 1994. Norinco SKS's were going for $69 at that time.
Sounds almost like the same deal Northwest Armory had in 1994, when they were in downtown Milwaukie. I picked up a Norinco MAK-90 for like $249. And it is a damn good shooter.

New gun buyers with big incomes.

This is something to think about. For many of those who are not new to guns, guns have mostly been steel and wood tools that shoot. Along come a new crop of people who've suddenly "discovered" guns for the first time. Buying decent guns isn't for poor people, but on the other end of the spectrum, those who have plenty of money can pay whatever they need to to get what they want. The same thing has happened with vintage vehicles. Only the numbers tend to be bigger.

And hand tools. Collectible claw hammers, yes there are. People just seem to have discovered "stuff." But not all stuff. Some things that people used to collect are no longer wanted. Like little ceramic figurines.

One other observation. You can find all the dining room table and chair sets and china cabinets you want at Goodwill or similar. Many modern families do not dine around the table anymore. They sit with plates in their laps on the sofa, watching TV. So no need for china, china cabinets or dining room furniture. It's rare for modern people to keep a set of "good" china.

Sounds almost like the same deal Northwest Armory had in 1994, when they were in downtown Milwaukie. I picked up a Norinco MAK-90 for like $249. And it is a damn good shooter.
It could have been $249 as well. My memory has aged some since then;). It was at a place called Milne's Guns in Medford. I was torn between the MAK 90 and an AMT Small Game Hunter II that he had for a similar price. The AWB was looming at that time and I figured AK's wouldn't be available for long but AMT's would be around forever:oops:. If I remember correctly, AR's were $500+ at that time and way out of my buying power.

I couldn't do it. I'm just not fired up about that stuff. There are other tools that perform as well or better for far less money, and/or better equipped for less money.

A nice bolt action hunting rifle with some custom input......I'll see your $2k and raise you another $1k!

An AK and a hunting rifle aren't exactly good comparisons. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top