JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am genuinely curious about member's perspectives on the current state of AK variant's price. I've owned a number of AK's and currently own an Arsenal SLR 95, which I paid $800 for about 3 years ago, and a Zastava ZPAP, which I paid $500 for 5 years ago. I keep seeing AKs for crazy money like WASR for $1200 and a MAK 90 for $2000 and I cannot understand what is happening! You can buy a new factory Zastava for $1150 including shipping and FFL transfer. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2021-02-02 at 3.32.41 PM.png

Not me, I paid $369 for my SAR-1 and $750 for my SLR-107F and have no plans on paying 2K for any AK. Hell, I've considered selling the ones I have with ammo and mags for killing and buy into some NV, but not sure I'll do that either. Probably just eat beans and rice for a while and get the NV anyway.

Sellers market.

Considering primers used to be $0.02 a primer, or thereof, and are now $0.30 a primer. I am no longer surprised by any of today's prices.

Ive watched guns I wanted to grab before all this, that sold for prices like $200-$500 sell for 2-3x that amount.

AKs are considered, by those that got them when they were imported for pennies, to be inexpensive. Now, they are not heavily imported, and expensive. Combine that with all the crazy buying taking place, ask what you want, you might get it.

I've got 700 into a saiga, 400 into an m+m m10 and 300 into some single stack bastard. I can't really say I'm interested in paying 4 figures for an AK of any flavor when for the same money I can get something much more "exotic" but everyone's different and certainly some people see high value on others perceived trash

Aside from panic, some of them are just collectable now. As hard as it is to believe, yes stuff that is no longer imported or made will go up in price when its something that works at least.

I'm sure some people here remember when some mausers were dirt cheap, but now aside from yugos a lot of them go for quite a penny. Though that was before my time.

Some people make a lot more money than others and it's no big deal to them. New gun buyers with big incomes. I'm not buying much lately. Mags, optics etc. not selling much either.

I am genuinely curious about member's perspectives on the current state of AK variant's price. I've owned a number of AK's and currently own an Arsenal SLR 95, which I paid $800 for about 3 years ago, and a Zastava ZPAP, which I paid $500 for 5 years ago. I keep seeing AKs for crazy money like WASR for $1200 and a MAK 90 for $2000 and I cannot understand what is happening! You can buy a new factory Zastava for $1150 including shipping and FFL transfer. Am I missing something?

View attachment 819057
I would comment about $325.00 MAK90s selling for $1200.00, but I don't want to get into it with Karen....again.

The issue is two major things: the strong likelihood that Biden's administration is going to restrict importation of firearms with AK features in the near future, and the price of ammo. 7.62x39 is probably the last affordable rifle cartridge you can buy right now, and the average cost for 1k of basic steel is about $400 to $450.

when Biden won, I paid $1400 for an arsenal SL-107R and 1k for a zpap m70 and I'm glad I bought both when I did. These rifles are absolutely selling out in about 15-30 minutes. Just go look at reddit gundeals.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top