JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which state will be the last to relinquish gun rights?

• Montana

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Alaska

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 53 45.3%
  • Vermont

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
I cant believe I am saying this being an Okie, but I have to vote Texas. They have everything they need there. Then I think Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri will join them before any of them give up thier weapons.

As a fellow Okie expat, I wouldn't be surprised a bit to see Texas eventually fall. It's all a matter of shifting population trends.

Oklahoma might be one of the last holdouts, if it comes to that, along with Alaska, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana. With the NY/MA immigration into VT and NH, I see them going the same way CO and maybe OR are with the Californians influencing everything.

MT - I think they'll last a long time, but they're too small, and too many hollywood types own property there to keep from being infected for too long. Didn't they also just recently elect a liberal senator?

Maybe Alaska will be last, who knows, its all speculation, but as a resident of Montana I will tell you that this state is not likely to EVER give up its guns.

Here is an example of why I think this. Take a look at this direct quote from House Bill 302 that just passed this year.

"A peace officer, state employee, or employee of any political subdivision is prohibited from enforcing, assisting in the enforcement of, or otherwise cooperating in the enforcement of a federal ban on semiautomatic weapons or large magazines and is also prohibited from participating in any federal enforcement action implementing a federal ban on semiautomatic weapons or large magazines"

Enough said. :D

Eric

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews