JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which state will be the last to relinquish gun rights?

• Montana

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Alaska

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 53 45.3%
  • Vermont

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Why do you even have TX on this list? They are not a free state now. Extensive and expensive class to qualify for a concealed permit and no unlicensed Open Carry available.

The people that voted for TX do not understand "shall not be infringed" In TX carry is a privilage, for people with money, not a Right.

I wish I could get my Wife to go to Alaska but she does not like cold and it is not condusive to her M.S.

We are looking at West Texas around Pecos or possibly New Mexico high desert.
Alaska is a BIG place with lots of different climate.

Look into Ketchikan or Sitka in the panhandle.. Weather wise not much different then here.. maybe even better at times.

course... gotta find a job..

You got that backwards guy, MS is better in the cold, worse in the heat.

Her form does better in the arid mild areas like the high desert, and she hates cold. It is the aridness that helps her. When we were talkin with her doctor he mentioned the high desert so we took a trip there and the results were great. Lucky for us right now her symptons do not present that often, but when they do it can be hell.

The high desert also severly cuts our daughters chance of developing it too.

Alaska is a BIG place with lots of different climate.

Look into Ketchikan or Sitka in the panhandle.. Weather wise not much different then here.. maybe even better at times.

course... gotta find a job..

My Dad was stationed there when we were kids at Elmendorf, I was stationed in Sitka and TDY to Barrow, Wainwright,Atu,Kodiak and ketchikan. Plus I travelled all over as much as possible.

Work might be a small issue.

Her form does better in the arid mild areas like the high desert, and she hates cold. It is the aridness that helps her. When we were talkin with her doctor he mentioned the high desert so we took a trip there and the results were great. Lucky for us right now her symptons do not present that often, but when they do it can be hell.

The high desert also severly cuts our daughters chance of developing it too.

Interesting. I have a cousin (lives in Sweden) that has MS. They used to vacation (like a lot of Swedes) in the Mediteranian. As his MS progressed he just could not take the Mediterainen climate any more...The heat just killed him is what he told me. So they purchased a nice little cabin in the forest on a Swedish lake. That worked for almost 20 years, until his MS progressed to the point he could no longer walk at all.

If your wife responds to the cool dry air of the high desert, go for it. It was the hot humid air in teh Mediterainian that bothered Bengt the most.

Why do you even have TX on this list? They are not a free state now. Extensive and expensive class to qualify for a concealed permit and no unlicensed Open Carry available.

The people that voted for TX do not understand "shall not be infringed" In TX carry is a privilage, for people with money, not a Right.
Agree. Oregon has more firearm freedom than Texas. Why are so many of you wanting to move to a state that restricts them? Even if they stop selling standard magazines here, I'm not moving to a non-open-carry state.

Texas was my #1 choice for all the reason mentioned above. Montana, my #2. IMHO, Alaska is too dependent from the lower 49, and can be pressured.
I disagree with that.
Alaska (well outside of the place we call los-anchorage) is not dependent on lower 48 and could survive ok on it own. would be a little ruff for a while.
Now if Alaska stopped the flow of oil out, then we would see who is more dependent on who?

There are a lot of people in Alaska that would give up a lot to get rid of the rest of the lower 48!

Alaska would need a few refineries to process the oil then they may do a bit better, but most of the food and such is still flown in. I have been there too and they are still to dependent at present time on the lower 48 IMHO

Sounds like someone's been here before :)
Lived there for 27 years.
Not sure why I left! Well... the dark cold nights..

However, thinking I might go back as the cold and the dark are not as bad as the crap down here.

Alaska grows a lot of food.

And while they do not have the refinery to process the oil, the ones down here will not do any good with out the oil. :)

I know people that are almost totaly off the grid in alaska. Almost nothing from the outside and could easly cut what little they do get from the out side off. Not as comfy as our life but that wasnt the question.

But the cold sucks!

That is the reason I like Texas I know Oklahoma would join them and there is the source of oil. If it comes down to it I could move back to OK and be 15 - 20 mins from the texas line where I am from originally.

Call me a fool, but I do not think there will be that much falling of States on firearms rights.

The majority of the population owns guns. United We Stand---Divided We Fall.

And, look at the push back already on the New York insanity.

Take people out shooting with you today, tomorrow, and the day after.
Bonus points for antis or non-shooters.
Let them put holes in targets and watch the smiles.

That will do more to preserve liberty than any other action.
Make FRIENDS! Then we do not have to worry about which state to relocate too.

And, Oregon does have a lot of individual liberty going for it right now. Could be better though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top