JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Which state will be the last to relinquish gun rights?

• Montana

Votes: 13 11.1%
  • Alaska

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • Arizona

Votes: 11 9.4%
  • Texas

Votes: 53 45.3%
  • Vermont

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
Bad news for Texas jk :) , according to the brady campaign website Arizona, Utah and Alaska have to worst score (laxest gun laws) in the country :) . The only three states that are scored at 0 by the brady gun haters.....
<broken link removed>

Alaska is freely open carry and constitutional carry as well.

it has only been in resent years they got rid of the need for a permit, however, they got rid of it because no one enforced it to begin with. So many people carried up there with out it that it just didn't even make sense to have it. There are guns and ammo shops around every corner. for that matter I have bought ammo at a gas station mini-mart!
I have heard that more resonantly Los-Anchorage has tightened down on some things, but still way a head of what we have here in Washington. Living up there for so long I noticed when I moved to Washington, I thought it weird that I didn't see more guns on peoples hips. It was fairly normal up there to open carry.

LOL in fact not long after I moved down I saw a sign at some store in Seattle that read that guns were not permitted and I thought to myself how would they get any one to shop there? Then I became more aware of the fact that open carry just isn't common here.
Like wise I thought knife laws were a fable and not really true... another lesson learned.

As to gun laws I think Alaska and Utah would be the last stand if it really goes that far! Lets hope that it doesn't though.

Call me a fool, but I do not think there will be that much falling of States on firearms rights.

The majority of the population owns guns. United We Stand---Divided We Fall.

And, look at the push back already on the New York insanity.

Take people out shooting with you today, tomorrow, and the day after.
Bonus points for antis or non-shooters.
Let them put holes in targets and watch the smiles.

That will do more to preserve liberty than any other action.
Make FRIENDS! Then we do not have to worry about which state to relocate too.

And, Oregon does have a lot of individual liberty going for it right now. Could be better though.[/QUOT

I think there is more then one reason for them to want our guns. The failing economy is the biggest one I can think of. When the bubble explodes our monies will be fire starter, and I really dont think they will be able to fix it. When it happens it will be nasty.

I really dont think our gooberment could give a tinkers damn about it happening. It will help them thin the herd and make the rest complacent to everything they say.

I think there is more then one reason for them to want our guns. The failing economy is the biggest one I can think of. When the bubble explodes our monies will be fire starter, and I really dont think they will be able to fix it. When it happens it will be nasty.

I only see minimal odds of our government failing. The USofA has a lot going for it. And as far as economies go, all we have to be in less insane than the rest of the world. We are taking steps that way. It is risky to bet against the US economy in the long run.

Again, things do not look good today, but we still have the capacity to change things at the ballot boxes and with outreach.

Washington & Oregon will not be far behind CA, but they too will fall

That's an interesting statement. WA is a "shall issue" state, allows open carry of loaded firearms, and has seen some victories in the direction of becoming more gun friendly recently.

I am referring to HB 1016 in 2011 regarding the use of suppressors, and the <broken link removed> regarding a city ban in parks, and whether state pre-emption overrode the city's attempted ban.

I also would like to note that it is possible in WA to restore one's gun rights once they have been lost, if certain requirements are met. It's not one of those "possible but never happens" things either - I've been involved with a case where it happened.

Just to name a few things.

I'm not just being home-proud. I do like my state, and I recognize that we're not the best with gun laws, but I don't think we're following in CA's footsteps.

Oregon is also "shall issue", allows loaded open carry (with a few cities excepted if you don't have a chl), and allows you to own and use any firearm that's federally legal. Pretty much nothing in common with California except the Pacific Ocean.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

AZ!!!!

Grew up in Oregon, moved to AZ in 2000, came back at the end of 11, and can see myself going back if the laws here get out of control. Brewer and Arpaio won't take any crap and will fight to the bitter end.

Alaska, and I'll tell you why.

VT - soon to be lost, it's being They're invaded more and more by rich new yorkers tired of the city life.
AZ - They're as looney as McCain, but will fall soon enough. They already show their love for statism, like the show me your papers law they passed and then had struck down. Giffords is going to Brady that place harder than CA.
TX - Paper tiger. They have land, and a history rich with wanting to do their own thing. Yet the people banned OC, and the people didn't do anything after the Janet Reno cookout in Waco. They're lost.
MT - I think they'll last a long time, but they're too small, and too many hollywood types own property there to keep from being infected for too long. Didn't they also just recently elect a liberal senator?

AK - the reason I think they'll last the longest in this fantasy scenario... wild land, small population, and completely divorced from the US. They might as well become some NK-esque autonomous enclave where they ride polar bars as public transit. I don't think they'll survive, because of their history of voting in morons like Palin. They'll fall, even if they realize that they probably should have something to protect themselves from bears. However, they will last longer than the rest.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top