JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My CZs all have manual safeties and I usually shoot in ESP although I also shoot in SSP. Manually lowering a hammer is very easy and nothing to be concerned about. I have shot lever action rifles all my life. Even if you have never manually lowered a hammer you can learn to do so very easily.

Re recoil, an all steel CZ has very little perceived recoil because of the weight and low bore axis. A steel 9mm 1911 doesn't kick much either. I also have 1911s and I love the platform but I personally prefer the CZs because of the grip shape/ergos, the slide design, the reliability, and the lack of a grip safety. But lots of other folks prefer 1911s. The choice is personal preference. Re reliability, some 9mm 1911s take some tuning to run 100%, generally not the case with a CZ.

My intent is for EDC/CCW. But I want to shoot at the range (TCGC) as well. I'm one of those folks that think that guns are made to be shot; not just looked at in the safe or on some display case. Once I feel comfortable enough, with whatever handgun I choose, I want to work my way towards getting certified for the action ranges/courses at TCGC.
Long term, I want training for real life conditions / scenarios. I can't protect myself or my family if I don't know what the heck I'm doing. Need Tactical awareness and the ability to respond correctly to a given threat / situation. Blah, blah, blah...sorry so wordy.

got to find a way to swing by Keith's.....
If you want to swing by J&B Firearms on Friday I'll have my CZ 75 PCR (Compact decocker) with me and you can check it out.

I have found Keiths to be a royal PITA to deal with, and am willing to pay a little more to avoid them. True they have the best selection and prices, but customers fight for a employees attention like wolves snapping at each other over a fresh kill. You have to be very aggressive in that place and if you happen to make eye contact with an employee, start talking, whether it is your turn or not. And that is every day of the week, all day long.

Sometimes I will go there if I REALLY don't feel like waiting to get something shipped, but only if I feel like fighting to get noticed.

They are great at gun shows though, no trouble getting service and they are very efficient there.
You are not the only person who seems to have this problem. My experience has never been like this. Even as a new gun owner with elementary questions not only was I 'waited' on promptly but my questions were answered and I wasn't made to feel stupid as I have been in a couple other gun stores.

I've purchased more guns from Keith's in the last few months than any other source. I've never had an issue being waited on or gotten attitude from any of the guys. Keith him self will talk my ear off.

I'm headed there right now to go pick up a CZ 97 BD for my daughter. They ordered it Monday, and it arrived a day early. I might add at a better price than best prices on the internet, which currently are Tombstone tactical and Bud's.

You are not the only person who seems to have this problem. My experience has never been like this. Even as a new gun owner with elementary questions not only was I 'waited' on promptly but my questions were answered and I wasn't made to feel stupid as I have been in a couple other gun stores.

I've purchased more guns from Keith's in the last few months than any other source. I've never had an issue being waited on or gotten attitude from any of the guys. Keith him self will talk my ear off.

I'm headed there right now to go pick up a CZ 97 BD for my daughter. They ordered it Monday, and it arrived a day early. I might add at a better price than best prices on the internet, which currently are Tombstone tactical and Bud's.
No, the guys and gals there are great, once you get one to talk to you. I have never gotten attitude there, I have gotten ignored. But once you get someone they are couteous, helpful and efficient.

But again, I just find it too difficult to get served there, unless I want to be rude and interupt someone. Which I generally don't enjoy doing.

lol....right?

Seriously.... I have no clue. There's been times when I've stood there but I've always been acknowledged and told someone would be right with me. And someone was.

Now they recognize my face, and they know I'm a buyer 90% of the time in there. Maybe that helps, but I've got the same treatment since day 1.

I'm a customer service freak. I won't go to one gun shop close by because I waited while the owner and the only other customer in the shop sat there and played with a gun (and I do mean played) all the while I stood there obviously waiting for service. On top of that I was given a hard time because I didn't speak up. I was thinking what the hell man, it's your shop. You should be greeting people. Telling them to please be patient, or hold, or something.

Sounds exactly like a lot of the people here have felt at Keith's.

lol....right?

Seriously.... I have no clue. There's been times when I've stood there but I've always been acknowledged and told someone would be right with me. And someone was.

Now they recognize my face, and they know I'm a buyer 90% of the time in there. Maybe that helps, but I've got the same treatment since day 1.

I'm a customer service freak. I won't go to one gun shop close by because I waited while the owner and the only other customer in the shop sat there and played with a gun (and I do mean played) all the while I stood there obviously waiting for service. On top of that I was given a hard time because I didn't speak up. I was thinking what the hell man, it's your shop. You should be greeting people. Telling them to please be patient, or hold, or something.

Sounds exactly like a lot of the people here have felt at Keith's.
Yeah the way you described the other shop, that's Keiths to me. Last time I was there I got a parking spot right in front of the door, and there were only three other customers in there. But I was never acknowledged and finally had to interupt some poor lady that worked there to check if they had something in stock. They didn't and I was not offered to have them order it, didn't even know they did that. Ended up buying from Buds.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews