JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Been looking at getting a CZ - either a Shadow (not Accu or SP01) or an 85 Combat - but don't know anyone who owns either and can't seem to find any in the area to touch.

Any suggestions for gun stores in the PDX area - would go as far south as Wilsonville and as far North as Vancouver - that carry some (in stock)?

So far all I have found is 1-2 for sale a Keith's and Cabela's and occasionally one @ Northwest Armory...none of which are the models that I wanted to handle.

Thanks!

Gun Broker would be the only other place I could think of that carries more than the standards, S&W, Ruger, Kimber and every other common plastic gun.

You're better off ordering one off of Budsgunshop.com, Gunbroker, or one of the other on-line brokers and having it shipped to a local FFL. It's a very simple process and only takes a few days and you end up with the gun you want, not the one you're forced to take. Prices on line are usually as good if not better than local merchants. Even so, I try to support local shops as much as possible, but when it comes to CZs you'll just be operating on pure luck to find what you want.

You're better off ordering one off of Budsgunshop.com, Gunbroker, or one of the other on-line brokers and having it shipped to a local FFL. It's a very simple process and only takes a few days and you end up with the gun you want, not the one you're forced to take. Prices on line are usually as good if not better than local merchants. Even so, I try to support local shops as much as possible, but when it comes to CZs you'll just be operating on pure luck to find what you want.

Kieth's will order anything you want. And, their prices may be better after you add in shipping and transfer using Bud's, Gun Broker etc. Not sure what extra $$ you pay buying in Or. living on Wa. though.

The Gun Room on SE Foster in Portland had some CZ's when I bought mine.

THAT SAID, I wouldn't consider buying anything from them (but can at least look).
Before you consider going there do a search on this site for the Gun Room and see what you might be in for.

While I appreciate the info on ordering - I have ordered firearms in the past both thru stores and via Gunbroker.com, I really want to be able to at least touch the guns first.

While I appreciate the info on ordering - I have ordered firearms in the past both thru stores and via Gunbroker.com, I really want to be able to at least touch the guns first.
You might not be able to get touchy-feely with a CZ pre-sale.
As you found out there are not that many around.
Your best bet might be to meet someone at the range and try 'em out.
I just recently acquired my first CZ (SP-01 manual safety) from Hinterland for $608.
Haven't shot it yet, but it does "fit like a glove" as Hickok45 says.
Nice hunk of steel.

They are definitely the sleeper deal in all steel pistols.
Next to 1911 as the most copied auto design.

Keith's - I've been eye balling a Rami for a while now. For 50.00 Keith's will order it for you. They had the .40 model but I want 9mm, and it was also a safety not a BD model.
Point of that is I still got to hold almost exactly what I was going to order.

Right now they have the 40th anniversary addition, only 1k made.

They had the best price I've found yet on the Rami.

stay away from the Gun Room! :mad: Basically arrogant asses, unhelpful, with over priced everything. If they think you have a pile of cash to blow they might help you. otherwise they could care less.
That's my 2nd admendment opinion....

Another Plug for Keith's. I just placed an order for a CZ 97 BD today. That's CZ's .45 cal version of the 75.

They had a 97 B in stock, but had to grab the decocker version from one of their suppliers. I paid a 50.00 dollar deposit and pay the rest on Thursday when it shows up.

Their price was better than Bud's or Tombstone Tactical. I love Keith's Sporting Goods.

One of the best deals in a CZ is a standard 75 shadow. I've seen them on gunbroker for about $800. They are exceptional stock (no fpb, nice hammer, nice sights, nice beavertail, ambi safeties, real good trigger that can be made great easily). I've got one that I've tuned to the same level of trigger action as my tuned sp 01 custom shadow.

You could come to TCGC on an IDPA day and handle one of mine (although I won't be there this weekend).

If a CZ feels good in your hand, and that's pretty much a guarantee, a standard 75 shadow would be a great way to go.

My intent is for EDC/CCW. But I want to shoot at the range (TCGC) as well. I'm one of those folks that think that guns are made to be shot; not just looked at in the safe or on some display case. Once I feel comfortable enough, with whatever handgun I choose, I want to work my way towards getting certified for the action ranges/courses at TCGC.
Long term, I want training for real life conditions / scenarios. I can't protect myself or my family if I don't know what the heck I'm doing. Need Tactical awareness and the ability to respond correctly to a given threat / situation. Blah, blah, blah...sorry so wordy.

got to find a way to swing by Keith's.....

I have found Keiths to be a royal PITA to deal with, and am willing to pay a little more to avoid them. True they have the best selection and prices, but customers fight for a employees attention like wolves snapping at each other over a fresh kill. You have to be very aggressive in that place and if you happen to make eye contact with an employee, start talking, whether it is your turn or not. And that is every day of the week, all day long.

Sometimes I will go there if I REALLY don't feel like waiting to get something shipped, but only if I feel like fighting to get noticed.

They are great at gun shows though, no trouble getting service and they are very efficient there.

One of the best deals in a CZ is a standard 75 shadow. I've seen them on gunbroker for about $800. They are exceptional stock (no fpb, nice hammer, nice sights, nice beavertail, ambi safeties, real good trigger that can be made great easily). I've got one that I've tuned to the same level of trigger action as my tuned sp 01 custom shadow.

You could come to TCGC on an IDPA day and handle one of mine (although I won't be there this weekend).

If a CZ feels good in your hand, and that's pretty much a guarantee, a standard 75 shadow would be a great way to go.

Appreciate the offer and I'll PM you when there is a match that I can come down for to meet up.

Since you shoot IDPA @ TCGC - which is my intent long-term - with your CZ are you shooting SSP or ESP? If SSP, is yours a decocker model or do you lower the hammer manually?

Also, I currently have a number of handguns including 1911's and I was trying to decide whether to go for a 1911 in 9mm and shoot it in ESP or go the CZ route which would allow me to shoot in SSP or ESP...just asking your opinion on recoil/handling - which has less felt recoil ? I know it's a 9mm but recoil (due to tendonitis) is a concern of mine during competition.

Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads