JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will still be doing transfers. Im a small home based type 7. Still just awefully frustrating not knowing the specifics of how this will all fall. However several cc holders have still gotten instant approval through me at this time. Gotta love osp's we will have a permit but no safety classes required to obtain said permit..

No relief, you get no approval.

Ads posted to sell out of state or intrastate….

Keep making classifieds though so your inventory is in a publicly searchable database known as Northwest Firearms. Home inventory will be available via warrant of server data. You know, since ads can't be deleted and scrubbed due to TOS of this website.

I like my tinfoil hats rounded at the top, not spiked.

I believe there will continue to be a market for transfer services after Dec 8th. This response from J&B Firearms reinforces that belief.

"......Even if we do get some good news we could not start accpeting new transfers until other local FFLs did as well or we would be receiving way too many to keep up with......"

I believe there will continue to be a market for transfer services after Dec 8th. This response from J&B Firearms reinforces that belief.

"......Even if we do get some good news we could not start accpeting new transfers until other local FFLs did as well or we would be receiving way too many to keep up with......"
Sounds like J & B doesn't want to evolve their business. I wonder what happens to businesses who don't continue to innovate and evolve?

Not too often where you hear of a business who doesn't want more customers, money and profit.

Sounds like J & B doesn't want to evolve their business. I wonder what happens to businesses who don't continue to innovate and evolve?

Not too often where you hear of a business who doesn't want more customers, money and profit.
We are entering uncharted territory and FFL shops that want to survive are going to have to adapt, if they want to continue serving their customers.

We are entering uncharted territory and FFL shops that want to survive are going to have to adapt, if they want to continue serving their customers.
I completely agree.. improvise, adapt and overcome. Or as i like to say, lead, follow or get out of the way. I have come a long way in this business and i dont intend on stopping now. Oddly i was offering free safety classes with firearms purchase and ironically seems thats going to have to be the way ( hopefully not) but i do intend on getting whatever certs i need to be able to be a one stop shop for my customers.

They are going to have to concentrate on ammo, reloading components, accessories, optics, outfitting, upgrades, and Gunsmithing/custom projects. Expanding into black powder shooting and recharged pneumatic airguns is always an option.
There will be a large number of people who will never accept this as the norm and won't play ball, like a large percentage of WA folks who won't play the 1639 game. Those new gun sales are lost for good notwithstanding the huge black market they are enticing.
Before I knew better, I got an IL FOID card... did I object, heck yes; did it stop me... no; I left that damn state with a lot of very nice guns.

They are going to have to concentrate on ammo, reloading components, accessories, optics, outfitting, upgrades, and Gunsmithing/custom projects. Expanding into black powder shooting and recharged pneumatic airguns is always an option.
There will be a large number of people who will never accept this as the norm and won't play ball, like a large percentage of WA folks who won't play the 1639 game. Those new gun sales are lost for good notwithstanding the huge black market they are enticing.
Before I knew better, I got an IL FOID card... did I object, heck yes; did it stop me... no; I left that damn state with a lot of very nice guns.
Absolutely! Ive even been playing with gauss guns. Plus my factory cetakote training is coming up to be a certified applicator, even though i have done it and automotive finishes for years its still nice to be certified. (I do some cool color shift stuff) but certainly willing to do anything within the industry!

Unless they've reached max capacity. Sort of like a "widget" factory -- if you're making as many as you can and don't have capacity to make any more (and/or find and train employees quick enough), then you have to turn potential buyers away

Unless they've reached max capacity. Sort of like a "widget" factory -- if you're making as many as you can and don't have capacity to make any more (and/or find and train employees quick enough), then you have to turn potential buyers away
If the FFL can't figure it out someone else will. This sucks for all of us but FFL's are going to have a very rough time.

I ordered from Staccato before all of this went down. Of course they shipped it last week to Oregon Rifleworks who refused the package. Now UPS is holding my gun… anyone have advice what to do in this situation?

Are there any FFLs I can reroute it to? Should I just hope it gets returned to Staccato and they can ship it again if everything shakes out? Or can I pick up the package from UPS if my name is on it and then go do the background check at a later date?

It seems likely we are going to get a postponement of some sort on the permit to purchase requirement of Measure 114. If the judge allows the elimination of the three day rule beginning Dec 8th, FFLs are going to have serious storage problem. I could see the queue doubling in size over the next month or two. That will mean a lot of firearms being held by FFLs, potentially beyond the expiration of the postponement period. It would be prudent for FFLs to warn customers in advance that they may have a long wait ahead and still be required to get a permit to purchase in order to get their background check completed.

I ordered from Staccato before all of this went down. Of course they shipped it last week to Oregon Rifleworks who refused the package. Now UPS is holding my gun… anyone have advice what to do in this situation?

Are there any FFLs I can reroute it to? Should I just hope it gets returned to Staccato and they can ship it again if everything shakes out? Or can I pick up the package from UPS if my name is on it and then go do the background check at a later date?
Your name won't be on it. Oregon Rifleworks was the recipient.

Were they aware of your inbound Staccato?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top