JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
:confused: I figured that they were getting just getting them from those DICK'S ....
.... but now that those DICK'S stopped selling scawy guns, there's no more guns in Mexico. :rolleyes:

I guess two quotes makes it legitimate.
If you have billions in cash and the need, there are dozens of governments and hundreds (if not thousands) of business that will gladly sell you weapons, ITAR, background checks and California law be damned.
Need a Silkworm missile, call Beijing! Need some ICBMs, call the Russian Mob or PDRK. Money talks, BS walks.

Oh come on.... everyone knows the cartels are sending their minions into the U.S. to thieve all those unsecured firearms left in houses, cars, etc, and smuggle them back over the border. That is why we need secure storage laws until such time as we can get Joe Citizen to voluntarily turn in his/her guns!!! No guns here = no guns there... yes?

I heard a while back that a lot of the weapons were coming from African and Middle Eastern countries, sort of Pre-Payment for later smuggling of personal and material into the U.S.
Drugs can be turned into a LOT of cash, and cash can buy anything you want if you have enough of it!

I haven't read the article yet but I'm going to guess it's the various agencies of the Mexican government.

E

P.S......Looks like I was only partially right. "They are being diverted from the military."

P.S......Looks like I was only partially right. "They are being diverted from the military."

But whose military? We supplied Los Zetas ourselves. I wonder if we are still arming the Mexican government. Probably doesn't matter... I see they got their butts kicked by the Sinaloa cartel recently.

Last Edited:
Weird things happen in Latin America. Actually a little surprised that percentage was lower than I though originating from the US. I remember reading an issue of SOF back in the late 1980's discussing M-16's found in Nicaragua and according to this article the firearms supposedly made their way from Vietnam to Central America via Cuba. The serial numbers, according to the article, matched US service rifles that were left in Vietnam.

Not too long ago components minus the barrels were seized in Brazil, to assemble 117, AR15 type rifles. I saw some discussion where these may be fakes and not made in Germany. There had been some discussion that they could have possibly entered Brazil from Mexico. There was a huge HK lawsuit about exporting guns to Mexico.

I'll start getting worried when the cartels start coming over the border with scuba gear. Just think of the million of guns lost at the bottom of lakes.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top