JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"That also means they'd probably be pretty useless in terms of self-defense."

So no 30 round magazines, but I wouldn't call .45LC revolvers, 12 ga. shotguns or a lever action rifle in .38-55 or .45-70 useless for self defense. Finding one in good condition, for a reasonable price, and making black powder loads may be the biggest bump in the road.

There are a pile of guns made before 1899 that would be more than adequate for defense or offense.
Rifles in lever, pump and bolt actions, Shotguns in lever, pump, single and double barrel. Single action,
double action and semi-auto handguns. And 30 round magazines? The Evans held 28.

Does this include modern black powder reproductions? The article didnt specify... but said that TN would adopt the Federal definitions....

I suppose if all I could get my hands on was a Uberti '58 Remington or something I dont think I would feel too undergunned at home.......... happy to have something as a felon....

Does this include modern black powder reproductions? The article didnt specify... but said that TN would adopt the Federal definitions....

I suppose if all I could get my hands on was a Uberti '58 Remington or something I dont think I would feel too undergunned at home.......... happy to have something as a felon....
If you live is a State that doesn't regulate Black Powder Firearms, then it makes no difference, you can have it sent right to your home!

I have had issue with getting spare cylinders for my cap and ball revolvers, some jackwagon refused to sell them to me direct with out an FFL as they could be used in a Cartridge conversion pistol! Told them the cylinders have nipples and what they fit is irrelevant, there for it doesn't matter! He had to ask his boss, who set him strait! :)

I would imagine Oregon has some "Special" rules, and some counties would go after a felon, while others would not!
City and State, No idea!

That would be my hunch too. I actually read all of the major firearms statutes in Oregon when I obtained my FFL license because there are some weird "extras" licensees need to do. I don't recall seeing anything that directly spelled out felons couldn't have BP guns. But who knows.

Parenthetically, my interactions with the Portland ATF office have always been professional and helpful. I can't say the same for the local and state agencies, and worst of all was the USPS. I had to do a ton of leg work, literally and figuratively, to get the PO to understand their own damn regulations. But, I digress.

Holy black powder loophole Batman!

I'm sure the Oregon legislature will have some bill come January to plug that hole as well...

In the meantime, I think I need to make some black powder investments... Pronto!

Holy black powder loophole Batman!

I'm sure the Oregon legislature will have some bill come January to plug that hole as well...

In the meantime, I think I need to make some black powder investments... Pronto!
Might be a swell idea Brother!
A good Pietta New Army would be pretty slick, or a Colt Replica Dragoon!:D:D:D

Did a Pietta for smokeless, love the .45 LC... Now thinking Black Powder....

FD0073AB-C69C-4E07-A9EE-15DE7D1FEA1A.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads