JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where are the Federal Flite Control Flex Buckshot Loads?

While the latest Flite Control Flex wad has been on the market since late 2016 for waterfowl and turkey loads, Federal Flite Control buckshot rounds apparently continue to employ the original wad design.

This leads to speculation as to whether the original design is superior for buckshot use or the company is simply using up existing stocks of the older Flite Control design on a lower market share product.

What say you?

Background on why the Flite Control Flex was developed:

SHOT Show 2017: Black Cloud FliteControl FLEX Now Good With All Chokes

Current Vitalshok Buckshot with Flite Control Wad:

Federal Ammunition - 12 GA 2 3/4 MAX FLITECONTROL 00 BUCK

Where are the Federal Flite Control Flex Buckshot Loads?

While the latest Flite Control Flex wad has been on the market since late 2016 for waterfowl and turkey loads, Federal Flite Control buckshot rounds apparently continue to employ the original wad design.

This leads to speculation as to whether the original design is superior for buckshot use or the company is simply using up existing stocks of the older Flite Control design on a lower market share product.

What say you?

Background on why the Flite Control Flex was developed:

SHOT Show 2017: Black Cloud FliteControl FLEX Now Good With All Chokes

Current Vitalshok Buckshot with Flite Control Wad:

Federal Ammunition - 12 GA 2 3/4 MAX FLITECONTROL 00 BUCK

I bought some Federal 12 GA Flitecontrol 00 buckshot back a about 3 or 4 years ago when I bought an 18" SLP. I went with those shells until I was able to obtain LE127 shells. I have a few boxes of PFC154 00 buckshot shells left but it probably shoots a lot farther with a longer barrel than an 18" SLP.

The replies so far have missed the point of the original post.

Yes, Federal Flite Control buckshot ammo is still available.

No, the newest alliteration of Flite-Control technology has not been applied to Buckshot ammo.

The newest wad is different - the Flite Control Flex wad - designed to be compatible with ported barrels and choke tubes.

The replies so far have missed the point of the original post.

Yes, Federal Flite Control buckshot ammo is still available.

No, the newest alliteration of Flite-Control technology has not been applied to Buckshot ammo.

The newest wad is different - the Flite Control Flex wad - designed to be compatible with ported barrels and choke tubes.

But the second link that the original poster put was the original PFC154 00 buckshot. Vital Shock...I have some but use if for HD.

But the second link that the original poster put was the original PFC154 00 buckshot. Vital Shock...I have some but use if for HD.

Correct, the second link showed the old style Flite Control wad still in use for buckshot. There are now two types of flite control wad and the original style is now only used for buckshot. Refer to the original post.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top