JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
From the time you leave your home/apt, to the time you return with your bounty?
Keep in mind, our current (main concern) situation.
Give us a run-down how you go about things. :)
If my inquiry seems to be a riddle, please do not reply.

I'm surprised there haven't been replies to this question.

I haven't been to any stores or public places in about a week. Last time I went I did was for grocery shopping. Went at about 5am and there was hardly anyone there. I debated wearing gloves but decided against it.

I did my shopping, used hand sanitizer upon return to the vehicle, went home, washed and changed clothes. Wiped down some of the items from the store with bleach solution.

I want to save the PPE for as long as possible... we have only had 1 official case so far in my area. I'm sure it will skyrocket at some point which will make infection much more probable, and will warrant wearing the PPE then IMO. I have wildland fire fighting goggles (not vented), half face p100 respirators with extra filters, and nitrile gloves that I will wear if/ when it gets going strong around here.

I haven't been Out and about in 4 days now, and that was just the grocery store for Milk, eggs, and a few other things! The Parking lot was filled to over flowing, and the people were a little up-tight, but still not full panic! I did hear of some small fights/tussles earlier in the day, but didn't see any of that on my journey!

What I really need is to hit the hardware store and get some stuff for projects, but I doubt they are going to be open now that Gov'ness K8 has locked down the state!

I'm surprised there haven't been replies to this question.

You and me both!!

The topic in question was not intended as a riddle?
Awareness is a good thing to keep a "check" on IMO.

BTW, your response is the kind I was hoping to see.

Only change is reducing visibility of 'currently' high demand items in my vehicle and how they make it into the house from the street parking or driveway.

Other than that no real changes from what is already in place regarding social/environmental awareness.

Business as usual here - both my wife's work and my business are open. Been shopping a few times lately. Was at SW and Coastal Farm & Ranch yesterday along with Tigard Pawn 4 More. Been staying vigilant as usual while out, though with the increased chance for panicky people to tard out I have been carrying 2 spare mags instead of 1 like usual, and looking out a bit more for people acting fidgety or anxious or ragey.

With the lockdown that's not a lockdown in place, we'll see how people react and I'll reassess accordingly. I'm not to the point where I'm wearing soft armor under my work shirt yet, but if people start acting more crazy than usual I might consider it. I'm more concerned with dealing with those who may be COVID carriers. We're not getting into customer's vehicles now and making them start it while we attend to the jumper cables under the hood. Keeping distance.

My partner had a lady complain he wasn't wearing a mask or gloves and complained to AAA about it :rolleyes: I told him he should've coughed in her general direction and told her to piss off. Masks and gloves are to protect the wearer, not other people. And since COVID has been found to infect *thru the eyeballs also* a mask and gloves aren't going to be helpful unless you're also wearing sealed goggles, and you're still going to get the virus on your clothing.

I've contemplated creating my own Social Distance exclusion zone by just audibly farting whenever crowds approach. Been eating more carbs than usual of late and its got my guts all gurgly after they got used to low carbs :D

My levels of concern and actions haven't really changed. I already do most of what is recommended long before this current pandemic, and will continue to do so. I contribute that with how rarely I get sick. I only wish the rest of America would do the same, but I don't really expect that to happen. I will look at the flu numbers in the years to come to see if there will be a lasting effect. But history has shown itself to be a terrible teacher.

I have been to the Grocery 5 times in the last week. Hand sanitizer in each vehicle. The last two trips I wore my N95 mask. Now I tear off a sheet of Lysol wipe before I leave the car, use it to wipe the shopping cart handle and press the card reader pin. When i get back to the car, I wipe the outside car door handle and throw 1st wipe in a trash sack. Tear off a fresh wipe and rewipe the outside door handle again , and my key and debit card. Use sanitizer on my hands and remove mask. I hang it in the sun when I get home. I wipe down everything I buy and leave outside briefly to dry.
Last two trips came back empty handed, asshats keep buying out all the TP.
Not out, but will fell better having a 20pack in reserve (not a garage full).
How about you?

Mask, gloves, hat, wraparound eye pro.

Sanitzer in vehicle.

Clothes go in washing machine, I go in shower.

Groceries get wiped down with a Clorox wipe before being brought inside.

at work, i get in and out of peoples grimey cars all day long. i dont have the option of changing my clothes and showering every time i finish fixing a car.

i just wash my hands a lot throughout the day, wear gloves and try not to touch my face. it is inevitable that i'll be exposed to some sort of illness.

ive already contracted MRSA a few times from flood damaged cars at work in the past...

quit eating any half eaten Baby Ruth candy bars I may find out in the parking lots...
What about the floaters in the swimming pool?
Floater.jpg

Mask, gloves, hat, wraparound eye pro.

Sanitzer in vehicle.

Clothes go in washing machine, I go in shower.

Groceries get wiped down with a Clorox wipe before being brought inside.
Was a certain case number threshold reached before you started wearing PPE, or have you done it from the beginning?

I know testing is limited in Oregon, but our ER and ICU isn't crammed full of serious/ critical cases yet (have close people that would know), and we have 1 official case, so I'm still waiting in order to preserve PPE.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top