JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have no idea what it's called lol, But I have oone. Trilug actions don't usually have races ( the long edm or broach cuts). The bolt bodies are the same size as the outer lug diameter.
So is that a large body bolt?
My McMillan 50 is a 2 lug "large body" bolt so I know they exist. It uses a pin to time the bolt after it comes out of the lugs.
Next question - anybody know of a 2 lug magnum bolt face large body bolt action?

My thoughts are the actions are easier to mfg due to no edm or broach required. Same as a trilug but I hate the 60deg throw. I have a 60deg throw Weatherby magnum action (left handed) and it sucks. Great gun , hard to close.

It sounds like you're describing a two-lug, large-body bolt action with a 60-degree throw, which is different from a typical three-lug action. McMillan's 50 is an example of such an action. You might find similar actions in the market, but it's best to consult firearm manufacturers or gunsmiths for specific recommendations.

It sounds like you're describing a two-lug, large-body bolt action with a 60-degree throw, which is different from a typical three-lug action. McMillan's 50 is an example of such an action. You might find similar actions in the market, but it's best to consult firearm manufacturers or gunsmiths for specific recommendations.
That's the most ChatGPT reply that I've read this week.

Very_Interesting.gif
1696093343509.png

BUT, But, but.......the Mauser's 98 action has three lugs and it's worked for me.

Yeah.....now a days.......modern metal and engineering. BLAH, Blah, blah.......

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR