JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wanting to try out some Corbon ammo. Read good things about it and decided I wanted to try some. Could not find any Corbon Powerball .45acp 165gr +P around my area. Drat! Had a good idea, I thought. I went to their website, checked stock availability and price. Pretty pics of the interesting ammo. Pulled out the old plastic magic and ordered some. This was early-ish December. Several days passed and the charge showed up as pending on my card. Hooboy I was about to get what I ordered. Then,...nothing! Even the charge disappeared from my credit card sight. WTF? No communication from Corbon. I rationalized that it was getting close to the Holidays by now and perhaps they had stopped shipping to give everyone some time off. January rolled in and nothing! I sent their CS an email and asked for the status of my order. Hurry up and waited! Nothing. Again WTF? Finally got a return email that said that my order was to shipped the next week. Nope, waited and then nothing again. Emailed them once more some time later. Got a reasonably quick reply that said my order was "pending". Waited but no charges ever popped up on the credit card. It has now been over 6 weeks! Sent their CS a last email cancelling my order. Within 2 days I got an email back saying that my order was confirmed cancelled. Color me disappointed all the way around. Anybody done business with Corbon? So, whazzup with Corbon? I won't be ordering from them in the foreseeable future.

I ready they were using a company (Barnes?) To make their bullets and remington bought the company and said no more production for Corbon. This forced Corbon to go all in house and it's still a work in progress.

I have 2 boxes of 9mm Pow'r Ball from 1994. I'll keep one box for nostalgia but plan on ripping the 2nd box next time I shoot as they have been my carry rounds for probably way too long.

LOL, Flying ash trays! Bet I could get a half pack worth in the nose of one of those 230 gr HP's
Corbon was one of my favorite carry loads, but they have always been hard as heck to find, and not always in the flavor I needed. I have since switched, to an even more difficult to find load, I ended up buying the bullets and rolling my own! It works out much cheaper, enough to afford to practice with, and it's much more betterer!:)

Very nice article. Thanks for posting it kott0n. Yes it is hard for "little guys" to compete against behemoth corporations. I wish Corbon well. Seems they have a nice product but time does move on. Hope they still will have a market share after all is said and done.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews