JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Winchester model 94 SRC (1926) that has brass embedded into the stock. It appears to be a rod or dowel that goes all the way through the stock and is polished on both sides.

I was told that at one time it was popular for brass, beads, etc. to be added to the stock as decoration, but I have yet to see anything similar on another rifle.
Any ideas?
PB191505.jpg
PB191504.jpg

Ehhhh...somebody ruined it, took all the value away. It's mayyyybe worth $50 now, I'll be nice and give you $75 for it! Hahahaha just kidding (of course). I have no idea on your question, but that is an AWESOME gun. The SRCs are so cool!

Strangely enough I think that is my gun. Not my post, but likely the guy I picked it up from a few months back. I will say that it looks much better now that it's been given some much needed love. I had to think a little longer before making the deal because I have never seen anything like that in the stock before. I thought it added some character.. and the price was right, so I took her home.
It looks like it was added with care because there aren't any cracks present on either side where it goes through the stock. Too bad it's not gold!

brass tacks and such were very common decortations on rifles back in the Mountainman/Indian trade days. Some of it also came well up into the Cowboy period. I would guess that someone did that as an attempt to dress up the rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top