JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I completely out of the loop or just have a horrible memory? I could swear that 1 maybe 2 months ago that SAIGA's were selling for $6-$700 tops and now they're all going for around $1000! Did they stop making them or something? What am I missing? I was going to buy one but not at that price!

So it hasn't even happened yet, if it even will? That's what's marking these up so much!? What a load of crap. Does anybody know why it's such an issue now when we've been importing them for quite some time?

Poppycock! It doesn't get any more sporting!

saiga-12_belt_400.jpg

Yeah, its a cool gun, but even if its being talked about as not imported anymore, I'm not going to pay someone who is relishing in paranoia pricing. I'll wait for a few months until it cools down and maybe find one then, when they are back to their normal $500 to $600. While I understand there is no such thing as price gouging in a market economy, this is close. I won't participate and help maintain artificially inflated pricing.

I don't see the word sporting in the 2nd Amendment

I don't see any authorization for the BATFe to exist in the Constitution, either

From what I know, the shipment that is on hold will processed in May.

They are not banned. You can still pre-order them, just waiting for the next shipment to pass.

These Saiga's are rumor mills i tell ya. for years people have been saying ti should have been banned yadda yadda yadda. according to the 1998 study it should have been. but there are always ways around it. Now they have stopped importation as of Feb. 1 pending study which will be complete May 1. and the buying frenzy continues. the distributors and gun shops even if they aren't ban will not likely lower their prices on them because they have gotten that pricing for them lately and its definitely something in my humble opinion that will be either banned or DD license. its ridiculous i know but it is an AK that shoots a 12 gauge reliability and stamina are there, and they will last forever. the fire power output is awesome especially for washington. at any rate what can you do. 99% of places wont allow you to pre-order to my understanding "this last shipment at docks" was already sent. and if you did get a pre-order they're at way inflated prices, and they werent sure they would get them in.

Or do like I did and buy an FN SLP. The huge projecting magazine of the Saiga turned me off to it. That and the long barrel that we can't legally chop in WA State

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't Saiga strip it's shotguns of their manhood before importing so they meet all the same requirements as their rifles? Doesn't seem like this study would impact the Saiga 12 since the drum mags, pistol grips, and other goodies are added by gunsmiths here in the US.

Saiga's are just going through what every other "Black Rifle" went through when Obama was elected. Not just AR's, AK's, and the like, but Primers, Powder, Brass, Bullets, and just about everything else the "chicken littles" thought would be outlawed when BO took office.

Forgive my ignorance, but doesn't Saiga strip it's shotguns of their manhood before importing so they meet all the same requirements as their rifles? Doesn't seem like this study would impact the Saiga 12 since the drum mags, pistol grips, and other goodies are added by gunsmiths here in the US.

Yes, but the Saiga-12 looks Evil, regardless of the origin of parts or adherence to the law. So, it is a perfect test vehicle for the Anti-Freedom folks to use to push through more and more restrictive controls.

Keith

But when they can sell everything they make to other markets, and not have to put up with our Governments BS, why would they want to come here?

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the US market is one of their largest for newly built weapons. Right now Izhmash is in bad financial circumstances, ironically in large part because of the weapons stockpiling policies of the old Soviet Union. The Russians abandoned in situ tens of millions of stockpiled weapons in their satellite countries during the 1991 breakup. Many of these Eastern European countries, to raise badly needed money, are now selling these weapons to anyone and everyone with cash, notably in places like Africa and the Middle East, for much cheaper than the Russians can build new ones.

Keith

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the US market is one of their largest for newly built weapons. Right now Izhmash is in bad financial circumstances, ironically in large part because of the weapons stockpiling policies of the old Soviet Union. The Russians abandoned in situ tens of millions of stockpiled weapons in their satellite countries during the 1991 breakup. Many of these Eastern European countries, to raise badly needed money, are now selling these weapons to anyone and everyone with cash, notably in places like Africa and the Middle East, for much cheaper than the Russians can build new ones.

Keith

Unless they "partner" with an existing manufacturer in this country the startup costs could be horrendous. Not just for facilities and materials but for all the lawyers they'd have to pay just to get the licenses and permits at just about every level. If they are in trouble, this would just exacerbate the problem because of all the start-up costs and no real guarantee that they'd be able to produce a weapon anytime soon.

Let's face it, this country is definitely not friendly to any company that wants to provide jobs in a Politically Incorrect endeavor. If they open any more factories I would see them in third world environments where their daily wage is less than the average "Hourly" wage in this country. In some places our hourly wage might even be a "Monthly" wage for the workers and they could live like kings among their countrymen.

Unless they "partner" with an existing manufacturer in this country the startup costs could be horrendous. Not just for facilities and materials but for all the lawyers they'd have to pay just to get the licenses and permits at just about every level. If they are in trouble, this would just exacerbate the problem because of all the start-up costs and no real guarantee that they'd be able to produce a weapon anytime soon.

Let's face it, this country is definitely not friendly to any company that wants to provide jobs in a Politically Incorrect endeavor. If they open any more factories I would see them in third world environments where their daily wage is less than the average "Hourly" wage in this country. In some places our hourly wage might even be a "Monthly" wage for the workers and they could live like kings among their countrymen.

Oh, I agree, starting up a facility here is not really an option either. I'm just saying that I think that the US 'AK/Saiga enthusiast' market is probably a relatively large one for them. Their arrangement with US importers seems to be working just fine, if the BATFE would just leave well enough alone and not continue to invent new rules and reclassify legal firearms.

Keith

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads