JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would pack :

One forty-five automatic..
Two boxes of ammunition...
Four days' concentrated emergency rations...
One drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine
vitamin pills, pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible...
One hundred dollars in rubies...
One hundred dollars in gold...
Nine packs of chewing gum...
One issue of prophylactics...
Three Lipsticks...
Three pair of nylon stockings...

:D
Andy

I would pack :

One forty-five automatic..
Two boxes of ammunition...
Four days' concentrated emergency rations...
One drug issue containing antibiotics , morphine
vitamin pills, pep pills , sleeping pills , tranquilizer pills...
One miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible...
One hundred dollars in rubies...
One hundred dollars in gold...
Nine packs of chewing gum...
One issue of prophylactics...
Three Lipsticks...
Three pair of nylon stockings...

:D
Andy
Andy, you're gonna look good in those last two items. I feel a chubby coming on....

IMHO stuff you actually need is for more mundane problems and not running gunfights with Nazi zombies as you hoof it 40 miles with a pack and rifle and bivy in the woods. Obviously.

Lifestraw stinks to use, Sawyer mini does not. Having water already in containers sounds smart to me. Socks and shoes and rain parka and something warm for under it. Maybe rain/wind pants. Gloves. Bolt cutters. Shovel. Small crow bar. Pliers. Folding saw. Tape, 550, tubular nylon, fire making stuff, flares, programmed Baofeng with good antenna and printed instructions for hand programming and to remember how to use the damn thing. First aid with trauma stuff. Jumper cables. I like the small jumper battery which sometimes works enough to get a car started without another car handy, and can also charge other things. Fixaflat. Gun or fighting stuff is DFL on the list.

I've had reason or need to use the saw, bolt cutters, water, hand tools, first aid, blankets, rain gear and warm layers, gloves, socks, shoes, jumper cables and the jumper battery. Also the Ratchet straps and that orange no-water hand cleaner. When I've needed water for some reason, I was damn glad to have a gallon or 2 ready to go, and not to have to crawl thru blackberries into a stream with a cussing LifeStraw. Have not needed/used any of the other stuff. As yet.

Andy, you're gonna look good in those last two items. I feel a chubby coming on....
Or have a pretty good weekend in Vegas ....according to Major Kong , whose packing list that actually is.... :D
Andy
dr strangelove film GIF

Not a box. But how about a 72 hour bag perhaps?
Of course, modify the contents to your specific needs.

On that (sort of same) subject.

Aloha, Mark

Doritos... A lot of useful suggestions here, so I figured I'd add in. In the event you need a hot burning fire starter, greasy corn chips kneaded with some heavy tree sap and dry moss or leaves can make a really good fire starter. Burns hot and a little longer than expected. Fire logs are good to have, but a small bag of chips weighs next to nothing and can be crumbled and mixed with easily scrounged resources to make a lot of fire logs.

My box is a cooler that has wheels on one end, and a handle on the other. My wife and I are too old to be trying to carry very much, if we have to walk home.

It has a small life raft and pump in it (things that will help get us across the Willamette if the bridges are blocked or collapsed). Once the raft is used, we'll abandon it and put the rest of our things into the cooler.

There's a small-ish gym bag that has food, etc - hopefully enough to get us home without going hungry.

A tarp or two, some paracord, some rope. A little cooking grate, a hatchet, and some Bic lighters.

Thinking about this again is a good reminder for me - I need to pull everything out, inventory what's there (it's all on a list in the gym bag), and toss/replace anything that needs to be replaced.

Hey Folks,

There are endless discussions on SHTF and "Go" bags. But lately I've been thinking about a "Go" box. The size of a rubbermaid tub that can be put into the car or pulled along on a bike cart that has SHTF essentials.

So the question is: what would you include in a single SHTF rubbermaid tub?
I have a tent sleeping bag, first aid/trauma kit.
I also keep a few different types of fire starters, knives, axe, 22lr pistol with 1k ammo.
Camping stove with a few tanks, pots pans, various water purifiers, and about a weeks worth of MREs and other snacks/ high calorie goodies. It all fits in a pelican storm case I got the one with wheels. It weighs less than 50 pounds id imagine. All the gear I have is ultra lite compact stove and pans so it takes up minimal space. The only thing I change out is the set or clothes I add. Those are based on the season is is.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top