JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Wow, this devolved into rabid fuddery quickly.

Listen, if I want to pull a trigger 100 times, it's my goddamned right, and no one but my wife and my accountant has any right to tell me differently. If someone wants to be told how to spend their money, good for them, but if they want to tell me how to spend my money, I'll happily invite them to step in front of a train.

hahaha.

I think I woke up this morning on the "Don't tell me how to waste my money" side of the bed. ;) Seriously though, it's your money, you want to waste it on treasure trolls and coffee mugs with tac rails, dude... do it. I like to waste my money on beer and meat. ;)

I actually suggested that to a ultra liberal friend of mine.

Let's cut Police spending, and instead issue a handgun to all non-federally prohibited citizens and registered aliens. Provide subsidized concealed carry, handling, and force on force classes taught by natl. guardsmen, and make ammo a deductible expense.

They went insane about how I was trying to oppress the nation.

If someone wants to be told how to spend their money, good for them, but if they want to tell me how to spend my money, I'll happily invite them to step in front of a train.
Lookout, it's coming.
They may even tell you which health insurance plan you have to buy! :)

Given a choice, I'll choose the one with the lowest "gun-owner surcharge."
How 'bout you?

Wow, this devolved into rabid fuddery quickly.

Listen, if I want to pull a trigger 100 times, it's my goddamned right, and no one but my wife and my accountant has any right to tell me differently. If someone wants to be told how to spend their money, good for them, but if they want to tell me how to spend my money, I'll happily invite them to step in front of a train.
Magazine size isn't your right. Go to California they operate under the same constitution that the rest of us do. Beta Mags will be the poster child for the mag bans down to 10.

Could you do me a super favor and explain what:
'shall not be infringed' means?

From my understanding it means, "It will not be limited or undermined, even by NanPo and the Brady bunch."

Jamie6.5 - I'm not sure if you know, but I used to live in MA. I've lived with Romneycare, it sucked hard.

How difficult would it be to create GunCO?
Gun Owner's Insurance Company?

Offer discounts based on having a CC permit, 3 guns, home security plans, as well as training for different scenarios. Have our own death panels, where infirm members can petition for a 38Special Double Tap nap.

Magazine size isn't your right. Go to California they operate under the same constitution that the rest of us do. Beta Mags will be the poster child for the mag bans down to 10.

Technically that's correct - under current constitutional framework magazines are not specifically protected. We need to change that.

Technically that's correct - under current constitutional framework magazines are not specifically protected. We need to change that.

Even we went forward with that, anything that wasn't existing tech isn't specifically protected, but that would run counter to the spirit of the law, no?

Who gives a crap about California those nannies down thier would not know how to cross the road with out gov assistance. They put the V in victim like they invented it. Opps they did.

Even we went forward with that, anything that wasn't existing tech isn't specifically protected, but that would run counter to the spirit of the law, no?

We already departed from the "existing tech" argument. In the Heller case the complaint was about a revolver, I believe - revolvers didn't exist at the time of the passage. It is now really based on nit-picking classes of arms that may be protected :) Sorry, I am a realist.

We already departed from the "existing tech" argument. In the Heller case the complaint was about a revolver, I believe - revolvers didn't exist at the time of the passage. It is now really based on nit-picking classes of arms that may be protected :) Sorry, I am a realist.
Haven't read Heller. As a magazine is simply a required component of a firearm, how are they not protected if the existing technology argument is out the window?

They also banned horsemeat and foie gras, buncha clowns.

Akathepriest is correct in reverse-engineering the right though - if any states are allowed to (or practically get away with)

a) restrict magazine capacity
b) prohibit certain types of firearms
c) restrict carry

then those acts are likely not a right at this time.

Haven't read Heller. As a magazine is simply a required component of a firearm, how are they not protected if the existing technology argument is out the window?

Well, it's all about the definitions and wording. There don't seem to be a right to own magazine of any capacity for any firearm, but magazines can't be banned altogether because they are integral part of handguns which are in their own protected. Another boiler plate that's applied is "common use", which is funny, since most magazines that are in use with the handguns today are over 10 rounds. But that's what I said above - we need a specific protection for those.

Status

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top