JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey everybody, I just wanted to see what others here on the site are operating with and for reference im running a 14.5 CHF Daniel Defense P/W with a Dead Air 3prong FH.

Im torn between getting a lighter rail or just stick with my RIS II rail. I am a die hard fan for the nostalgic look and ruggedness of quad rails btw.

What's everyone else operating with? Opinions?

My wife went for the purple and what do you know Lancer made purple magazines ! You would think it would be obnoxious but it looks pretty nice . AD26CB91-3F29-400D-AE07-53A40FFEB29F.jpeg

Last Edited:
Awesome everyone, yeah it's definitely personal preferences and mission dictated to what we are using it for, and I definitely need to shed some Oz's off this pig of a beast. Im 🤔 thinking of going to MLOK maybe a Geissele or maybe something even shorter like a 11.5 setup and a 10" MCMR.

Right now I have a Seekins SP3R (12"), a Daniel Defense MFR (13"), a Mega Wedge Lok (12") and a Hodge Wedge Lock (11.5") on uppers. I have found that I like the slimmer feel of non-quad rails. If you end up looking for a non-quad the Wedge Locks are hard to beat for toughness. Their barrel nut is very robust and has a long bearing surface. The Seekins is also quite robust and almost monolithic with the upper receiver. The DD is super light and a great complement to the 20" pencil-barrel upper it is on.

If I were building a(nother) 14.5 right now, I'd likely get another Wedge Lock. I would also consider a Geissele (they also have long and robust barrel nuts, which I seem to have developed a preference for).

The weight and girth (especially swollen with rail covers) of a quad just don't make sense for my purposes... or the size of my hands...

Does anyone make a sectioned quad rail? What I mean is, quad rails on the end for about ~3 or 4 inches then smooth keymod/mlok all the way back on all sides except the top, which has some rail for ~3-4" from the receiver for some extra scope mount space…?

For my use, I simply have no need for a full length rail…but a bit at the end would be nice (as opposed to using mlok->rail adapters).

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top