JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Lee priming tool that I used and it's ok but after a few hundred cases and it's not that comfortable while sitting watching tv. So my question what do you use to prime your cases?
I have seen the RCBS tools hornadys, lyman, which one is going to last?

This is the tool I have IMG_20161210_131809956.jpg

I have always used the RCBS hand priming tool. The only tedious thing about it is "popping" the lid on the tray consistently causes at least one primer to flip upside-down. Doing so then begins the shake-pat-tilt-cajole game to get the little bugger to turn back over. I've gotten better at keeping that to a minimum and I do enjoy using the tool. It's built to survive anything short of spiking it against a concrete surface.

I rate it 8.5 out of 10.

I've worn out my Lee Auto-Prime hand primer after some 20+ years, finally broke the little lever that does all the work... Unfortunately, unable to find a replacement, so...

I've now gone to a Lyman E-ZEE Prime hand priming tool... The difference is night and day, easy on the hands, simple to change shell holders and primer trays...

I've primed about 3.5K cases with the Lyman and keep wondering why I waited so long to update this particular piece of hardware...

Oh that's right, I'm extremely frugal on some things...

For rifle, I have both the Hornady and RCBS, one always loaded with LMRP, the other with SRP.
The Hornady has more leverage and thus less hand fatigue.
Pistol and small caliber rifle get primed on the auto press.

I use an RCBS hand primer and my only complaint is the callous that forms on my communication finger when I prime a bunch of pistol brass...like 500 or so. For 50-100 brass it isn't too bad.

I also have a Sinclair priming tool for my target loads. Never have any fatigue issues with it, but never reload more than about 100 cases at a time.

Never liked priming with the press. There is no feel to the seating of the primer. The RCBS has decent feel. The Sinclair has shims to adjust the seating depth of the primer for 100% accuracy, but that only applies if you uniform the primer pockets.

I have gotten used to the press for priming since it is already there might as well use it. It is a smooth feeling when the primer is seated and it is repetitive with the same results... unless one of those pesky things rolls over and it just sounds & feels different so it is investigated. I have seated three primers sideways in the pocket!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I've used the primer seater on both my Lyman Turret press and Dillon 550 and they work fine.
However I decided to try a hand primer and asked the opinion of other members in another thread. I ended up with a Hornady hand primer. After using it for several hundred rifle cases I am very pleased

Which hand primer?

Pistol brass is on done on progressives so they prime in the process.

For rifle I use a lee hand primer and works good but can get tiring. I also just got an rcbs bench mounted auto primer in a package deal and may try it a bit and decide if I want to keep it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top