JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends somewhat on your carrier and what you want to do with it beside talk. I guess people still use phones for talking? :)

My last two have been large screen Nexus phones because I use it a lot at work for uhmm... work stuff,yeah that's it. Ok mostly web surfing gun sites and such. Plus they're not carrier locked so I can root them and remove whatever carrier crap I don't want among other things. The latest Nexus phone was too spendy for me though so I'm using a last generation Nexus 6p.

The new Samsung Galaxy 8 looks pretty good or if you want to save some money the last Gen Samsung Galaxy 7 is a good option too. I may switch to one of these when I retire in a couple months.

BLU
BLU Z3 - Dual Sim Phone - GSM unlocked -Black/Blue
$ 14 99

Comes preloaded with all the malware you'll need.
But sub $50 so install your own OS and be happy.
They have like 70 phones on Amazon, sub $50.

Compare to $1000 for current Apple.

What is most important to you?
- Screen size?
- Phone Size?
- Cheap?
- doing work ?
- pictures ? Apple: Best Phone Cameras | PhotographyBLOG
- talk, talk and more talk?
- TXT ?
- IP = internet ?
- Rooted / unlocked ?
- certain provider (Sprint / ATT etc) ?
- Audio quality (music) ?
- Battery Life ?

Get a Windows phone, then no one will want to steal it.

I have Verizon and have recently been converted to Samsung. I was a pretty die hard Motorola fan, but upgraded to a Note 5 when the deal was too good to pass up. I have dropped my phone on concrete 4 times and it has one tiny scratch on the top part of the bezel. For a phone that is glass front ans rear that speaks highly of quality. My wife had a Note 4 and after 4 trips into the toilet, she kept in her back pocket, so on approach it liked to jump out, the phone finally gave up the ghost.

I am not a fan of Apple's ecosystem and I am not ready for the full buy in it requires. I like Android much better, so that is what I go for. I buy phones at Costco, they seem to have by far the best deals. My Note 5 was free with upgrade and I got a $250 gift card. When we upgraded my wife's Note 4 to an S7, we got a $200 Costco gift card and a Samsung Gear VR headset for $50, with a $50 gift card.

iPhones now for years and imo they are better then the others - software built in house & hardware built in house.

I7 too spendy, get a 6 on CL...

I'm still using a 5s with no issues except I think the screen could use a replacement but that only happens randomly and not often.

iPhones now for years and imo they are better then the others - software built in house & hardware built in house.

I7 too spendy, get a 6 on CL...

I'm still using a 5s with no issues except I think the screen could use a replacement but that only happens randomly and not often.
Apple isn't building hardware any longer. Qualcomm, Texas Instruments and heck even Samsung builds hardware for them. Along with a ton of other companies. Funny you say your rocking the 5 as many people say it's the best iPhone out there.

Wait for Nokia to release their 3310 2017 version in the United States.

IMG_2847.JPG

Smartphone wise the operating system is key. Hardware wise they almost all run the same and average users don't see differences.

With software being key... Apple and iOS 10.3 reigns.

I dont use my phone for a lot for anything but calls, texts, and BSing with you guys and gals. I have some pros and cons having owned or been issued Android and Iphones:

I was a Samsung and Motorola guy once they made it impossible to have a dumb phone worth a crap. I think they are more user friendly except to make calls. It seemed like I had to push dial 3 different ways to get it to do it. I also found that some websites would crash or I would get tons of vibrating popups. Battery life on my Samsung S6 was horrible. I'd have to charge it 2 times a day with normal use.

My work switched from those GZone bullet proof flip phones to iPhones. I hated it at first. Then, I noticed I could go several days on one charge if I kay off the internet. Two days is normal otherwise. Its harder to find apps that I like, but I also don't get annoying popups or frozen websites.

I dont use my phone for a lot for anything but calls, texts, and BSing with you guys and gals. I have some pros and cons having owned or been issued Android and Iphones:

I was a Samsung and Motorola guy once they made it impossible to have a dumb phone worth a crap. I think they are more user friendly except to make calls. It seemed like I had to push dial 3 different ways to get it to do it. I also found that some websites would crash or I would get tons of vibrating popups. Battery life on my Samsung S6 was horrible. I'd have to charge it 2 times a day with normal use.

My work switched from those GZone bullet proof flip phones to iPhones. I hated it at first. Then, I noticed I could go several days on one charge if I kay off the internet. Two days is normal otherwise. Its harder to find apps that I like, but I also don't get annoying popups or frozen websites.[/QUOTE

This. Except iPhones do use a lot more battery faster then droids usually.

Really? My iPhone 5 (work phone) will go from Thursday afternoon til Monday morning on one charge. My personal iPhone 7 will go 2 days. Maybe it was just my Samsung. I think Samsungs are known for poor battery life.
Batteries change so much between phone and usage varies way to much between users it's hard to nail down battery life to brand or OS. On power saving in Airplane mode my Note 5 lasted 6 days of elk hunting, with me watching a few videos of my wife and daughter each night and showing off a few pictures.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top