JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
IMG_0346.JPG IMG_0345.JPG IMG_0347.JPG I hope someone can help.I have a Marlin 336 rc in a .32 special the serial #j dates it to 1952 it is in good shape. I'm thinking about selling it but have no idea how much to ask.Can anyone help?:)

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess would put the value at $450 to $500. Beautiful gun, hard sell in that caliber. Ammo is a bit elusive. But the undrilled waffletop is a nice bit.

It might have been mine once if the left side of the receiver is drilled and tapped for a Lyman peep sight. I had one made in 1952 in that caliber when I was a teenager. I'd say $450.

Nice waffle top. I would agree with $450 - $500. A few years ago they seemed to sell a little higher. The last year or so they set and guys lower prices to sell.

Can't really say on the caliber. I have two 30-30s and a 35 Remington. I picked up some 32 Special brass from a forum member, darn, its been a few years ago. Figured I would run across a nice Marlin in 32 Spl. but haven't yet. Haven't really looked though. Anyway I don't see the caliber as a distraction, more of a plus to me.

Don

Thank you all for your replys.I have decided to put it up on gunbroker starting at a penny with no reserve crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!:)

Thank you all for your replys.I have decided to put it up on gunbroker starting at a penny with no reserve crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!:)

Having bought and sold a few things on Gunbroker (Lilhigbee there too), I would suggest a starting bid that prevents you from shafting yourself. Reserves scare people off, but nobody seems to mind a reasonable starting bid. I would think $375-$400 would be good for this.
A simple thing that is easily overlooked; make sure you have a box to ship it in when it sells. Rifle-sized boxes are sometimes difficult to find.

:s0159:

Having bought and sold a few things on Gunbroker (Lilhigbee there too), I would suggest a starting bid that prevents you from shafting yourself. Reserves scare people off, but nobody seems to mind a reasonable starting bid. I would think $375-$400 would be good for this.
A simple thing that is easily overlooked; make sure you have a box to ship it in when it sells. Rifle-sized boxes are sometimes difficult to find.

:s0159:
I thank you I have my fingers crossed :s0133:

I'd post it here with a reasonable price, like what the others have said. $500 would be a good asking price. Costs nothing to advertise it here and there's no shipping to deal with.
FYI, auctions aren't allowed here, but dickering is.

Status