JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think definitely spalted something, I have some English walnut that blew down during the Columbus day storm that Is lightly spalted, (mineral stained) made for great looking boxes and pistol grips. Left natural, not stained, but yellowed from finish and age, but adding some stain they could come out any color you wanted.
IMGP0134.JPG IMGP0103.JPG

I think definitely spalted something, I have some English walnut that blew down during the Columbus day storm that Is lightly spalted, (mineral stained) made for great looking boxes and pistol grips. Left natural, not stained, but yellowed from finish and age, but adding some stain they could come out any color you wanted.
View attachment 1425996View attachment 1425995
I haven't been petty yet today, so here goes: Technically, if it's not caused by fungus, it's not spalted. :)

I haven't been petty yet today, so here goes: Technically, if it's not caused by fungus, it's not spalted. :)
I have no problem with petty. On a scientific level, your correction is bigger than petty, not as big as Richard Petty of course, but still a big deal.
Mea Culpa to all Fungi Large and small out there I may have offended. Except psilocybin fungi, I don't believe they care.

Ive seen custom grips for a Dan Wesson made from Zebrawood that looked a lot like those. But when you get to a certain point a lot of wood starts looking pretty similar.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top