JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
M240L with a custom made Surge from Rugged.
DSCN1978_zpskbtzpmhr.jpg

Cva Hunter single shot in 44 mag. Lopped off barrel to 16" and threaded for Hybrid can. Shoots 300gr. WFN Leatherhead coated bullets at 1050 fps dead quiet. Most of the noise heard is the wide metplat of that heavy bullet smacking the target. If you havent checked the Cva out you are missing out. Barrels are very accurate made by Bergara and the trigger is awesome right out of the box. They are quite inexpensive to purchase as well. They beat the hell out of anything Rossi or H&R ever produced that's for sure.

Cva Hunter single shot in 44 mag. Lopped off barrel to 16" and threaded for Hybrid can. Shoots 300gr. WFN Leatherhead coated bullets at 1050 fps dead quiet. Most of the noise heard is the wide metplat of that heavy bullet smacking the target. If you havent checked the Cva out you are missing out. Barrels are very accurate made by Bergara and the trigger is awesome right out of the box. They are quite inexpensive to purchase as well. They beat the hell out of anything Rossi or H&R ever produced that's for sure.
Do you roll your own ammo? If so, what recipe do you use?

Do you roll your own ammo? If so, what recipe do you use?

Yep, tried many different powders and the most consistent results for velocity and accuracy ended up being with the powder I use for my full power loads in my revolvers, 12.7 gr of Alliant 2400 with the coated Leatherhead cast 300 gr Wfn bullet gives me single digit sd and great accuracy.

Cant tell. At the range I always wear hearing protection. I can always tell the loudest in positions near me though. When hunting and I'm fortunate enough to get a shot I never hear it or feel the recoil.

12 gauge 870 would be the loudest...

Here are my loudest at the present ...

261285-4f8fac661cb6d7e50e5d34b8b6be6caf.jpg

Top is a SxS Coach Gun with an 11" barrel. The bottom is the Serbu Super Shorty with a 6½" barrel. Both are in 12-gauge (2¾" and 3" chambers, respectively). Both registered of course (SBS and AOW, respectively). And they are, eh-hem, on the loud side. :D

Here are my loudest at the present ...

View attachment 360169

Top is a SxS Coach Gun with an 11" barrel. The bottom is the Serbu Super Shorty with a 6½" barrel. Both are in 12-gauge (2¾" and 3" chambers, respectively). Both registered of course (SBS and AOW, respectively). And they are, eh-hem, on the loud side. :D
I've been contemplating a Coach Gun for the bedroom, you know, for initial home security... They've always intrigued me...

Mine is my Ruger American in 300 BO. With my Specwar and 900 FPS 240 grain Sierras its quieter than my 10/22 with subs and a silencer.

View attachment 343183
-
( Old Thread ) 'but' Not even close as quiet as, if you take the ( boltaction ) BO and handload ( 4.4 grn. N-320 ) under a 110 Grn. Speer HP's . Or take that same powder and tune for .30 90 grn xtp's .
.edit add:
and still your handing out Couple hundred ft/lb of grossly underestimated, impact energy.

-
( Old Thread ) 'but' Not even close as quiet as, if you take the ( boltaction ) BO and handload ( 4.4 grn. N-320 ) under a 110 Grn. Speer HP's . Or take that same powder and tune for .30 90 grn xtp's .
.edit add:
and still your handing out Couple hundred ft/lb of grossly underestimated, impact energy.

I'm sure theres all sorts of quiet low powered loads you could put together for a bolt action but I load my 300 BO loads to cycle my SBR's as well. If it wont cycle a 7 inch SBR it has no place in my ammo can. 240 grain 1000 FPS is going to hit with about 500 ft lbs at 100 yards with essentially the same ballistics as the 110 grain load at 225 ft lbs

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top