JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, didn't expect to see so much ageism here.

The cool thing about getting a bunch of years under your belt is, that you know all those cocky sumbubblegumes who gripe about old people are gonna get old themselves (unless they do something truly stupid to off themselves)

And anyone over 70 who refuse to give up driving
You must be under 40. Plenty of folks well over 70 who can still drive really well -- and don't drive 50 in the fast lane. Before he passed (at 93), my dad was still driving, and he was a great driver (who knew how to go fast).

Me, I hate people in expensive cars such as Lexus's or BMWs who can't figure out how their turn signals work, especially when they change lanes to move over into your lane with 4" to spare...

I hate the beggars on the roadsides and corners by the grocery stores who have a dog with them for hours at a time, I feel sorry for the dogs. Leave your damn dog in your camp in the woods, bro. With water available.

Or because they severed in a military somewhere, yet never in a combat role. Or because they have a master's/doctorate. Respect is something you earn eve
What, only combat vets are actual vets? I did two combat deployments, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone who honorably completed even one enlistment, whether they were a cook, clerk or motor pool, get my respect.

What, only combat vets are actual vets? I did two combat deployments, but as far as I'm concerned, anyone who honorably completed even one enlistment, whether they were a cook, clerk or motor pool, get my respect.
Not what I said. Respect whomever you want to respect. And I'll do the same.

Ignore that dude. He's full of arrogance and hate for everything that isn't him. He's the one who said "you don't belong here" to me and a good portion of the members here if you remember that incident.

I think anyone who has the courage and character to volunteer themselves to a branch of the US military, does so honorably and with humility, and with the understanding their fellow countryman may not 'respect' them...deserves my respect.

and with humility,
And there's the rub

I agree with your entire post, just pointing out the "with humility" part is where some are lacking and in a big way

I want to further clarify that in my original statement waaaaay back in the thread, I said "a military" not "the US military" specifically, meaning all servicemen in all militaries on the globe and around it.

Naw, you said something about people demanding respect (and frankly, I don't ever see anyone, anywhere, "demanding respect" simply because they served in the military for however long)
Or because they severed in a military somewhere, yet never in a combat role.
which sounded as though you're saying basically these folks don't deserve respect, because they haven't earned it. So if you don't want to be quoted, and have what you said mischaracterized, perhaps you should strive for more clarity in your written words.

I'm more troubled by some of the ageism I'm seeing on display. But, like I said, it's all good -- be cocky now, because your time is comin' ... (if you're lucky and actually get to grow older).

Naw, you said something about people demanding respect (and frankly, I don't ever see anyone, anywhere, "demanding respect" simply because they served in the military for however long)

which sounded as though you're saying basically these folks don't deserve respect, because they haven't earned it. So if you don't want to be quoted, and have what you said mischaracterized, perhaps you should strive for more clarity in your written words.

I'm more troubled by some of the ageism I'm seeing on display. But, like I said, it's all good -- be cocky now, because your time is comin' ... (if you're lucky and actually get to grow older).
You got it, dude. I appreciate the veiled threat.

Knocking people under 30 was agist, so I changed it to:

"There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch"

5.jpg

People who don't rerack weights at the gym.
Lots of smaller, weaker or older people can't take those 45lb plates off so they just skip machines or free weight areas because it's too much for them at that stage of their lifting.

Takes 15-30 seconds to take weight off and rack it. Also informs anyone seeking that machine or area that you are done using it.

Drives me crazy at the gym, so many lazy people show how weak they are physically and in character by not cleaning up after themselves in a public space.

Dude...I'm 58 years old...I'm tired...and my back hurts. What the hell doesn't grind my gears? Everything grinds my gears! Especially STUPID people! And they're ALL stupid!

Also...

GET OFF MY LAWN!

WOLVERINES!

People who don't rerack weights at the gym.
Lots of smaller, weaker or older people can't take those 45lb plates off so they just skip machines or free weight areas because it's too much for them at that stage of their lifting.

Takes 15-30 seconds to take weight off and rack it. Also informs anyone seeking that machine or area that you are done using it.

Drives me crazy at the gym, so many lazy people show how weak they are physically and in character by not cleaning up after themselves in a public space.
I've seen worst.. people leaving hog sweats all over... :s0140: :s0090:

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top