JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not a whole lot.
Perspective is everything....after 4 combat tours....a whole don't bother me none.
After all...I have seen some bad days and times with those 4 tours....so what life throws at me now...
Ain't so bad.

With that said...
I also don't go 'round thinking I got it made...'cause that is just asking for trouble.
Lots of stuff bothers me...but it is helpful to put it into perspective...and for little piddly stuff...
So What ...comes in handy.
Andy

Last Edited:
No gear-grinding story to tell - but here's a gem from one of my high-school friends.

When his Dad was 83 years old, he decided he wanted to drive his corvette from California to New York. Despite being "strongly discouraged" about the trip, he insisted on going - and on going alone.

My friend says "Okay, Dad - but take a lot of pictures along the way, so we'll know you're safe."

He got exactly one picture from Dad. The speedometer, registering 130 miles per hour.

And yes, he made it back home.

70 isn't 'that' old...I'd say 85
I have LONG said that at a certain age there should be some kind of FREE quick check over for all. Working in health care I often see people my age who are really gone and I see people in their 90's who are doing better than me. So the only way to weed out the ones who should not be behind the wheel would be checks after a certain age. Should be some kind of "express" line just for this to make it quick and easy. It would be easy for a pro to spot problems. Sadly of course now in this state we just let anyone drive no matter what. No license even needed.

Guy that look like gangbanger wearing stocking hat when it's like 68 degrees stopping his car in traffic and getting out confronting the guy behind him in his car. Happened just now. Yelling like
Mad. Poor guy in Normal car. I hope he was armed and glad it didn't get that far. PDX sucks. Rude poeple. Gangbangers. Druggies. All smashed into too small of an area. Confrontations are only minutes away seems like at any given time here. Everyone is hot for confrontation, protest, anger, violence nowadays it seems like.

Guy that look like gangbanger wearing stocking hat when it's like 68 degrees stopping his car in traffic and getting out confronting the guy behind him in his car. Happened just now. Yelling like
Mad. Poor guy in Normal car. I hope he was armed and glad it didn't get that far. PDX sucks. Rude poeple. Gangbangers. Druggies. All smashed into too small of an area. Confrontations are only minutes away seems like at any given time here. Everyone is hot for confrontation, protest, anger, violence nowadays it seems like.
Man...you should move and change your tag to ilikegunsbend or something..we hear tales of pdx horror from you alot..gotta go..lifes too short

And..salem will be there soon btw

Edit: I hope that wasn't misread. I like ilikegunspdx and his posts alot. Just feel bad that he has to deal with portland.

Last Edited:
Man...you should move and change your tag to ilikegunsbend or something..we hear tales of pdx horror from you alot..gotta go..lifes too short

And..salem will be there soon btw
Yea this was at an elementary school where you'd think it would be safe. Glad dude didn't come out shootin'. He was raising holy hell though. No idea if on drugs but highly probable woudl be my guess.

When you come out of the local tavern on a hot day and bystanders are giving you dirty looks because you left the kids in car. I'm like what's your problem I left the windows cracked.

Seriously though I hate hot weather and it's not boding well for us this summer. I will probably have to crack the windows down a little further on my next visit to jugs & mugs.

1714009216778.jpeg Not much left to grind, but I will be impatient with all the Henny Penny's decrying typical summer heat as the result of global warming.

The inverse relationship between arrogance and competence I seem to see so much of these days. (On one side of the scale anyway)

Not a whole lot.
Perspective is everything....after 4 combat tours....a whole don't bother me none.
After all...I have seen some bad days and times with those 4 tours....so what life throws at me now...
Ain't so bad.

With that said...
I also don't go 'round thinking I got it made...'cause that is just asking for trouble.
Lots of stuff bothers me...but it is helpful to put it into perspective...and for little piddly stuff...
So What ...comes in handy.
Andy
You don't know peace until you have suffering….

;)

The worst driver you can imagine. According to my boss it a Korean co'z he's married to one. I told him no one is gonna pass through this one. She drives pedal to the metal and the only thing that's holding her car is a masking tape. I never rode her car again.. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews