JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a curiosity thread…convo thread….. Am I the only one who likes talk radio and podcasts? Audible? YouTube background?

I'm fortunate enough to be able to listen with headphones while working or spend enough time in van to follow background stories/news/fiction. Or even while at home doing chores.

It's really sad my radio show is over. R.I.P. Dori Monson.

YouTube lately: Canadian Preper, Benny Johnson, Washington Gun law or FBI FilesMonsters type stories.

Audible: 299 days, Going Home series (over and over)… would like to find some good non fiction…likely political. I like to have perspective on both sides of the isle. Or what else is good non-fiction.

Podcasts for fun: Stuff they don't want you to know, NPR, TED, This American life, The way I heard it (w/ Mike Rowe), Jack Sperico, Focus on the family, Bellied up…ha

Is AI watching these threads?
Anyway have a great day.

VERY much miss Rush, no one has come close to him. Having always worked nights I used to record the show to listen too. When Podcasting started loved it. Listen now to several on and off. While working around the house, getting ready for work. Often at work when I can will have one in the background. Joined Daily Wire a year ago do to Matt Walsh. Guy makes me laugh as he reminds me so much of myself decades back when I was his age. :D

VERY much miss Rush, no one has come close to him. Having always worked nights I used to record the show to listen too. When Podcasting started loved it. Listen now to several on and off. While working around the house, getting ready for work. Often at work when I can will have one in the background. Joined Daily Wire a year ago do to Matt Walsh. Guy makes me laugh as he reminds me so much of myself decades back when I was his age. :D
Daily wire… I'll check it out.
Rush was kinda before my time KINDA…. I just wasn't into talk before he was towards the end.. I guess. He's been referred to often even after he was gone in the stuff I listed to.

Daily wire… I'll check it out.
Rush was kinda before my time KINDA…. I just wasn't into talk before he was towards the end.. I guess. He's been referred to often even after he was gone in the stuff I listed to.
I had heard of him (Rush) long before I finally tried him. Mid or late 90's cable was out one day and while waiting for service I turned on the radio and he was on. I loved it. Listened to him daily till he died. Some of the people on Daily Wire can be found free from places like Rumble and such. Rush opened a entire new field after he got going. There is a LOT of them now and most can be heard for free. There is a bunch of Podcast hosting sites and they have a HUGE number of choices now. Most free to listen too.

Allow me to break the trend; I listen to a bubblegumload of old dingy punk. And occasionally, even older political audiobooks. Fortunately i work where i can keep earbuds in all day and listen to whatever i want. It beats the SNOT out of having to listen to whatever crap the other folks want to play on the radio. As you can imagine, at work we have a mutual distaste for eachothers music haha.

Allow me to break the trend; I listen to a bubblegumload of old dingy punk. And occasionally, even older political audiobooks. Fortunately i work where i can keep earbuds in all day and listen to whatever i want. It beats the SNOT out of having to listen to whatever crap the other folks want to play on the radio. As you can imagine, at work we have a mutual distaste for eachothers music haha.
I like a lot of punk rock - Black Flag is playing Portland on January 2, let me know if you're going and I'll buy you a beer. I caught them about four years ago, they put on one hell of a show.

I listen to a little bit of everything. In today's rotation: Iggy Pop, Pixies, TOOL, NIN, Frank Zappa, Reagan Youth, Minor Threat, The Devil Makes Three, and Hank Williams.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top