JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to sell off around 4000rds of ammo (5.56), what are the rules for shipping ammo? Ground shipping only?
i have heard flat rate box is the cheapest method but never shipped before and don't want to break any laws.

USPS won't allow ammo, UPS is my go to ground shipper. The label rules are changing on Jan. 1st next year.
As of now you need to affix a label like this.
I put them on opposite ends of the box.
Here is the new changes pertaining to the 2021 international rules.

1606070287413.png

Ammo can't be shipped via the postal service so flat rate boxes are out. It can be shipped via UPS/ Fedex and only by ground. It can't go to a PO Box only to a regular address. No Haz-met fees but has to be labeled with this label: 1606070669341.png

Is it pretty expensive? I have a 1000rd case of Blackhills to ship and feels about 50lbs give or take. Does ups also have a flat rate type shipping?

I just shipped 9 lbs of ammo to a member in Eugene from Portland and it cost him $12.07.
You must package it real tight, as they won't accept loose ammo rolling around inside the box.

They have an online figure out the costs site, and you might look at shipping in two boxes rather than one due to the weight. Sometimes two is cheaper than one particularly if you can use a smaller box for the two.

Just shipped some ammo - as stated USPS is a no go. UPS will do up to 66lbs in a single box - couldn't do it from a "UPS Store" so I had to go to a local hub that has a "Customer Service Center". Shipping 100rds of Hornady Match ammo box weighed 7lbs cost about $22 to ship as a walk in retail customer (no account). I suspect companies that we're buying ammo get a much better rate than random people off the street.

Me and my brother have been shipping the same 70 lb lump of lead to each other for the last 20 years using usps because we're arseholes.

lol, nr

Regulations for shipping ammo, powder or primers will change 1/1/2021

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA

New Classified Ads

Back Top