JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
+1 for stippling

Robar, Boresight and Bowie all come to mind. Or if you're brave you can buy a woodburning kit/soldering iron (welen 25 watt works great) and do it yourself. Of course, companies/guys who will do it for you often can do big reductions, beavertail additions etc., and generally their work looks very good while still being functional.

Do a little googling. Once you've felt a polymer gun that's had the grip worked over nicely (reduced and stippled or just stippled) you'll want some work done.

I have medium sized hands and for the most part I've never had great results adding material to the grips of any guns. ETA: except for grip tape, which obviously adds no perceptible girth and works very well...

SG_M_P_1for_web-449x333.jpg

^^ not mine so dont ask, google image searched...

The "obvious" Hogue slip-on grip works pretty well! I had a second-generation Glock 19 and hated the slippery, wierd-angled grip. The Hogue Handall gave it gentle finger grooves and slight palm-swells that made it fit me very much better, without adding too much width to the grip. I loved it!

BUT! In spite of being really tight and a great struggle to install, after a long range session on a really hot day (100+) the Handall had slipped WAY out of position and completely threw off my accuracy. So, it can't be trusted on hot days in battle conditions!

If I still had a Glock I would next experiment with the "A-Grip" textured stick-on grip cover. It is easily Googled, and looks very promising. A lot of Oregon cops are said to use it because it gives good grip in the cold rain and wet. The Glock table at the Portland gunshow always has it on hand.............................elsullo

I did my own stippling job on my Glock 23 and love it. It turned out very professional looking. The whole thing took less than 2 hours and that includes a trip to the hardware store for a soldering iron, using a file to make a stippling tip from a brass machine screw, and finally 30 min to stipple the grip. There really is no big mystery about it. Easy as pie once you get past the point of no return.:s0155: It was so "grippy" that I had to sand it down a little as my shirt would hang up on its velcro like surface. If I was able to open carry, I would left it super "grippy".

I have a Glock 19 and have been useing a Hogue universal for years.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CDUQ8gIwAg#

Hogue 17000 Universal Rubber Grip Sleeve Handall Universal Grip Sleeve Overview - Compare prices - Related items

$5 new from 52 sellers

Universal Rubber Grip Sleeve Known to properly fit the following guns Glock 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27; S&W Models 39, 41, 59, 422, 622, 645, 669, 745, 909, 2206, 3906, 6906, and 3rd gen series 1000, 4000, 4500, 5900, 6900,

elsullo said:
If I still had a Glock I would next experiment with the "A-Grip" textured stick-on grip cover. It is easily Googled, and looks very promising. A lot of Oregon cops are said to use it because it gives good grip in the cold rain and wet. The Glock table at the Portland gunshow always has it on hand.............................elsullo

+1

have this on my Kahr P9 and it feels great...fits well, never sticky, doesn't move and adds no bulk. the P9 is my only plastic gun but if I ever get another one, the first thing added to it will be an A grip. I wish they made regular grip panels with it applied for some of my other guns.

I mean someone takes a soldering iron or some other heated device and puts texture right into the frame.

Robar Glock Improvements

Lots of companies do the work, but the above website will give you a decent example. The type and design of the texturing differs pretty well by whoever is doing the job...

I have the frontstrap and backstrap reduction withe the high grip in heavy texture. The look is amazing. I think ill post a pic in a second. If Droid wants to work.
f3073d72.jpg
a9fe72c6.jpg
45227a61.jpg
67085d57.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top