Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

What are some different types of Grips for Glocks?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by glockguy, May 8, 2010.

1. glockguy

glockguy Albany Oregon Well-Known Member

So Iv got a G27 and was curious as to what kinda of grips people have came up with to put on their glocks.. besides the obvious houge grips

2. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

My preference is for a good stippling job. Slip on or stick on grips just aren't to my liking.

3. glockguy

What do you mean by stippling job?

4. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

I mean someone takes a soldering iron or some other heated device and puts texture right into the frame.

http://www.robarguns.com/glock.htm

Lots of companies do the work, but the above website will give you a decent example. The type and design of the texturing differs pretty well by whoever is doing the job...

5. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

How about a cover that puts gen 3 finger grooves on an earlier model?

6. shoggoth80

shoggoth80 Greater Seattle Area Member

Skateboard tape! :thumbup: It is cheap, you can use 3M stair tape as well. Trace the pattern you want to paper, transfer to the backing of the tape, cut it out.... stick it where you need it. I did it, and like it well enough. :laugh:

7. Dutchy556

Dutchy556 Bend, OR Member

+1 for stippling

Robar, Boresight and Bowie all come to mind. Or if you're brave you can buy a woodburning kit/soldering iron (welen 25 watt works great) and do it yourself. Of course, companies/guys who will do it for you often can do big reductions, beavertail additions etc., and generally their work looks very good while still being functional.

Do a little googling. Once you've felt a polymer gun that's had the grip worked over nicely (reduced and stippled or just stippled) you'll want some work done.

I have medium sized hands and for the most part I've never had great results adding material to the grips of any guns. ETA: except for grip tape, which obviously adds no perceptible girth and works very well...

SG_M_P_1for_web-449x333.jpg

^^ not mine so dont ask, google image searched...

8. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

The "obvious" Hogue slip-on grip works pretty well! I had a second-generation Glock 19 and hated the slippery, wierd-angled grip. The Hogue Handall gave it gentle finger grooves and slight palm-swells that made it fit me very much better, without adding too much width to the grip. I loved it!

BUT! In spite of being really tight and a great struggle to install, after a long range session on a really hot day (100+) the Handall had slipped WAY out of position and completely threw off my accuracy. So, it can't be trusted on hot days in battle conditions!

If I still had a Glock I would next experiment with the "A-Grip" textured stick-on grip cover. It is easily Googled, and looks very promising. A lot of Oregon cops are said to use it because it gives good grip in the cold rain and wet. The Glock table at the Portland gunshow always has it on hand.............................elsullo

9. glockguy

Skate Board Tape works good and will stay on?? and not peel off?

10. shoggoth80

shoggoth80 Greater Seattle Area Member

So far, so good on my G21. It's been on there a month or two. People use it in competition often, so, it has a rep for staying put.

11. stmcelroy

stmcelroy Madras, OR Well-Known Member

I've got Talon Grips on 5 out of my 6 Glocks and really love the feel of them.

www.talongungrips.com

12. Pepiot

Pepiot Oregon My other girl ^^^^^

bicycle innertube

13. g.i. joe

g.i. joe Portland Active Member

I did my own stippling job on my Glock 23 and love it. It turned out very professional looking. The whole thing took less than 2 hours and that includes a trip to the hardware store for a soldering iron, using a file to make a stippling tip from a brass machine screw, and finally 30 min to stipple the grip. There really is no big mystery about it. Easy as pie once you get past the point of no return.:thumbup: It was so "grippy" that I had to sand it down a little as my shirt would hang up on its velcro like surface. If I was able to open carry, I would left it super "grippy".

14. glockfan

glockfan North of Cottage Grove Member

Another vote for TG. I've got them on both of my Glocks and they are great.

15. Neil

Neil Portland Metro Area Member

I like the A Grip on my 26.

16. CZTHOR

CZTHOR Northwest New Member

I have a Glock 19 and have been useing a Hogue universal for years.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...log_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CDUQ8gIwAg#

Hogue 17000 Universal Rubber Grip Sleeve Handall Universal Grip Sleeve Overview - Compare prices - Related items

$5 new from 52 sellers

Universal Rubber Grip Sleeve Known to properly fit the following guns Glock 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27; S&W Models 39, 41, 59, 422, 622, 645, 669, 745, 909, 2206, 3906, 6906, and 3rd gen series 1000, 4000, 4500, 5900, 6900,

17. Rapid1

Rapid1 Eugene Member

+1

have this on my Kahr P9 and it feels great...fits well, never sticky, doesn't move and adds no bulk. the P9 is my only plastic gun but if I ever get another one, the first thing added to it will be an A grip. I wish they made regular grip panels with it applied for some of my other guns.

18. mjz52

mjz52 Tri-Cities Member

+1 for the Talon Grip...

19. SVT-ROY

SVT-ROY Tigard Resident Beretta guru

I have the frontstrap and backstrap reduction withe the high grip in heavy texture. The look is amazing. I think ill post a pic in a second. If Droid wants to work.
    f3073d72.jpg
    a9fe72c6.jpg
    45227a61.jpg
    67085d57.jpg

20. Phonelesscord

Phonelesscord Portland, Oregon Member

Those poor firearms....

Get a Gen-4 or a RTF2, they work great as-is :thumbup: