Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Well South dakota did it.

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by SturgeonSlayer, Mar 9, 2013.

1. SturgeonSlayer

SturgeonSlayer St.Helens Active Member

2. watchman

watchman SW Portland Active Member

Good on 'em.
    This is the single best deterent to school shootings. There should be signs on every door that say "This school is protected by armed staff."

quesodilla and (deleted member) like this.
  3. 20buellteam

20buellteam Near van mall Member

In my opinion, with proper training of firearms safety and use especially involving a school setting, this is the most cost effective threat deterrent that comes as close to guaranteeing student safety as possible -short of having an armed deputy or police officer on campus(which by the way is very common in most urban areas- unfortunately the costs are out of reach for this especially for smaller school districts). I like the optional part and the idea of posted signs too because there would not be the need for a lot of staff to participate to make it effective. Maybe South Dakota schools could be viewed as a model of safety as they wouldn't be viewed as a "Push Over" and defenseless until a 911 response arrives by some nutcase looking to make the news.

4. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

5. 20buellteam

20buellteam Near van mall Member

Think in terms of the kind of training that professionals undertake. Certainly much more than what I experienced for my concealed carry permits

6. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

I guess I just care more about students getting a decent education. South Dakota is at the bottom of every list of any education metric, and this is what people care about?

7. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

Now that their teachers are armed they will just have to pay more attention! Seriously, though, what metrics are you talking about? I'd like to see how my own state compares.

8. Both Eyes Open

Both Eyes Open Hood Canal Active Member

One of the firearm manufacturers should come up with a new model... The K12 Defender! And give willing educators a good deal on them!

9. Both Eyes Open

Both Eyes Open Hood Canal Active Member

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  10. 2506

2506 Seattle Well-Known Member

11. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

12. quesodilla

quesodilla PDX Active Member